Cross reference and packaging ID

One1

Joined May 2, 2019
Hey folks, I’ve got a diode I’m having an issue cross referencing as well looking up. Instead of a large wide tab on each side it has two tabs per side making 4 pins, though each ties together. Just can’t get any info on this one. Any help would be appreciated.

It’s a CS6 and I’m not sure of it’s data sheet so I’d love to find out and replace it. Many thanks!

Attachments

One1

Joined May 2, 2019
Thank you, I appreciate the response. I was on that site, but didn’t find the packaging this has. The DO-214AA is mostly correct from that page, but has a single pin per side. The rest aren’t correct.

One1

Joined May 2, 2019
Yes it’s open. The diode is directly at the input + voltage and bridges to the ground side of the board. Directly beside the 9 on the sticker the dome to the left in the second pic above is the +3v input. It should be blocking reverse voltage, but instead is doing nothing so in this case it is at least better than being shorted. The caliper quit turning on.

Attachments

Last edited:

One1

Joined May 2, 2019
Question, being as this is a simple use in it’s location..... what’s the odds i can try a random silicone rectifier diode of the same package and it work out? I need to fix this.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I'd, if mine, use one rated twice the battery voltage and current or even a little more. It's already broke so you can't break it more. That is my strategy with broken things. Have you talked with Starrett about a repair and cost?