Capacitor cross reference

Thread Starter


Joined Jun 27, 2023
I am trying to find 2 different capacitors with no luck. I am a fledgling when it comes to components but my skills are polished when it comes to creation and repair so long as someone else has done the design.
I am repairing an appliance and the bad cap (popped) is labeled Shizuki 148M HFC-MD 22+/-4% 180V the other cap is not popped but I want to replace it also is labeled Shizuki 148b HFC-MD 6J150VAC. I would like to save myself $400 by repairing this appliance as I cannot afford to buy a new one at this time. A web search has produced similar20230626_175432.jpg20230626_175444.jpg parts but I am at the limit of my knowledge and want this repair to be successful and safe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Joined Feb 17, 2009
They are probably polypropylene (MKP) or polyester film capacitors. The first one is 220nF 180VAC. And the second one is I guess the 6μF ( non-standard value ) 150VAC.

And keep in mind that there is a very high probability that in addition to damaged capacitors, other elements also have been damaged, in particular the rectifier bridge and transistors.
Last edited: