Creative T3100 Volume Control Direct

Mozzdul

Joined Nov 7, 2016
Hi all !!
I am new here. I have a creative T3100 speaker system. But the volume and power control seems to be dead now. So i want to short the wires ditching the volume control and power handle. Three colored wires RED BLACK WHITE are entering the module from 3.5 mm jack. And 5 colored wires RED BLACK WHITE BLUE YELLOW are leaving to the sub woofer system. But I'm confused how to connect all these together. Help me please. I have attached the pictures of how the pcb look like.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I doubt it will be that simple. The board contains a zener diode whose function is likely to be still needed.
Please try to get a photograph of the bottom of the board which clearly shows where the tracks go so we can work out just what this board is doing.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Looking at that pcb, it seems the volume control is a variable dc supply on the wiper, the zener is clamping it as a reference, if you have a voltmeter, measure the voltage at the wiper (centre pin) and ground while altering the volume control.

Mozzdul

Joined Nov 7, 2016
Looking at that pcb, it seems the volume control is a variable dc supply on the wiper, the zener is clamping it as a reference, if you have a voltmeter, measure the voltage at the wiper (centre pin) and ground while altering the volume control.
I simply cant as one of my friend has cut the wires. Cause there was no sound but power was. Sometimes sounds came sometimes it didn't. So have to ditch the controller. Any way I can connect the wires directly?