Creating Gerber files

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
This really is a super simple design really the only hang up is I need a relay to turn on and stay on with a momentary switch.
I find it hard to believe that something as simple as you describe is so sorely needed in your mysterious industry and is not already available. I even wonder if the people telling you they would buy it are just being kind to a friend.

You push a button and a relay latches. that is already available as a latching relay. Power tools I own have that feature. You have not given us any idea how the RFID is involved.

The Opis

Joined Mar 27, 2024
I find it hard to believe that something as simple as you describe is so sorely needed in your mysterious industry and is not already available. I even wonder if the people telling you they would buy it are just being kind to a friend.

You push a button and a relay latches. that is already available as a latching relay. Power tools I own have that feature. You have not given us any idea how the RFID is involved.
Basically the system turns on with the presence of the rfid tag and a button is pushed then turns off when the tag is removed. This way you have to have the rfid tag to operate and it automatically shuts down when you walk away.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Basically the system turns on with the presence of the rfid tag and a button is pushed then turns off when the tag is removed. This way you have to have the rfid tag to operate and it automatically shuts down when you walk away.
Thank you, that helps.

The cynic in me says this is an attempt to make sure the machine does not run with no operator present, and the first time the operator wants to go get a cup of coffee he leaves the RFID tag next to the machine.

The Opis

Joined Mar 27, 2024
Thank you, that helps.

The cynic in me says this is an attempt to make sure the machine does not run with no operator present, and the first time the operator wants to go get a cup of coffee he leaves the RFID tag next to the machine.
Yes that’s obstacle #2. If I can get the rfid to work in a 6 foot range the tag can be left in their pocket so walking away is not an issue. May end up going Bluetooth but I think I prefer rfid.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Yes that’s obstacle #2. If I can get the rfid to work in a 6 foot range the tag can be left in their pocket so walking away is not an issue. May end up going Bluetooth but I think I prefer rfid.
I think you missed my point. I think it will not be long before the operator walks away, leaving the RFID within range thus defeating its purpose. If this is a safety feature, it is way too easy to defeat, making it useless.

If the intention is to prevent unauthorized use, a password seems better to me.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
There are solutions that already exist. The simplest one is called a lock and key.
If the operator must always be present then there is a dead man's switch.

The Opis

Joined Mar 27, 2024
OK so heres the big secret. Now that the largest Golf cart aftermarket manufacture has made "my product" it kinda doesnt matter. Good news for me is they seemed to have copied my patent. 1 small difference but I am letting the patent attorney handle that. I should have my product on the market in the next 6-8 weeks. Pretty crazy they were working on it at the same time!! Hoping my patent will protect my product and we can do something about it.

Basically, all golf carts operate on 3 keys unless yours is keyed differently, even then there are only about 12 different keys. So this is a push button start like a car. With over 30,000 carts stolen a year we were on to something!

Attachments

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
Your patient attorney may "handle it" but the $$$ meter will be running. It's likely "the largest Golf cart aftermarket manufacture" can out-lawyer you and tie you up in litigation until you cry uncle and walk away.

The Opis

Joined Mar 27, 2024
Your patient attorney may "handle it" but the $$$ meter will be running. It's likely "the largest Golf cart aftermarket manufacture" can out-lawyer you and tie you up in litigation until you cry uncle and walk away.
Yes that is my fear. We will still sell our product since it fits more carts and we will sell to the public as to where the other doesnt. Just killing me to know theirs looks like they took my drawings and everything and made it.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
From Google’s AI summary:
Robert Kearns, a former engineering professor, invented the automatic intermittent windshield wiper. In 1978, he sued Ford Motor Company, and in 1982, he sued Chrysler, claiming patent infringement. In 1990, a jury ruled that Ford had infringed on Kearns' patent, but the jury also concluded that the infringement was not deliberate. The suit against Ford ended with a $10.2 million settlement, and the suit against Chrysler ended with an $18.7 million payout, plus interest.
So 18 years to collect. And your payment be nowhere near that. Good luck.

The Opis

Joined Mar 27, 2024
From Google’s AI summary:

So 18 years to collect. And your payment be nowhere near that. Good luck.
Gonna let the attorney do his thing, if anything comes of it then great. Meanwhile we still have a great product that will move regardless. Just competition a little earlier than expected.