create component with spice model in proteus

DaniKowa

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Good Morning, need to simulate some components that are not included in the standard Proteus library. Importing data graphic templates is quite simple because you can pick them up from different cities like componentsearchengine. Mail problem is just that. Once the component is imported, I would like to associate the model data in order to have in the user library that component already equipped with the spice data so that I can use it without the script in "edit all component as text". Thank you.

D

DaniKowa

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Principally transistor. It is possible to use the .model data from script and seem to work with general NPn/PNP transistor but without package and footprint for PCB. Why not on preassembled ECAD models? I'm probably wrong somewhere, but I need to understand where. Because it doesn't even work with the "make device" method"

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Principally transistor. It is possible to use the .model data from script and seem to work with general NPn/PNP transistor but without package and footprint for PCB. Why not on preassembled ECAD models? I'm probably wrong somewhere, but I need to understand where. Because it doesn't even work with the "make device" method"
I'm not familiar with the proteus package, I can tell you that spice simulators do not usually concern themselves with package and layout issues. Traditionally, schematic capture and layout were not concerned with simulation. When you have a package that purports to deal with both, there is an obvious conflict and neither of the solution used by legacy software packages is suitable for the other. So I'm guessing that proteus has a hybrid approach where it uses spice compatible data for simulation and it used EDA compatible data for layout and fabrication.

DaniKowa

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Probably yes @Papabravo . For what i've undesrstood Proteus use ProSpice platform. I don't use it often because I use other simulators, but this time I was inclined to try it to try to find differences with other software.