counter with flip flop

ShineDream

Joined Nov 13, 2015
i wnant to to create a counter but i wanna to control it (when to increase - when to let it work work without any changes .
i 'm a beginner so a serach and i founf a term "prescaling" but i can't understand.
i could make the counter (with jk flip flop) but i don't know how to do this control

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
i wnant to to create a counter but i wanna to control it (when to increase - when to let it work work without any changes .
i 'm a beginner so a serach and i founf a term "prescaling" but i can't understand.
i could make the counter (with jk flip flop) but i don't know how to do this control
Its not exactly clear what you're asking for help to do.

Prescalers have a relatively narrow range of application - typical applications include reducing VHF+ signals to a frequency that regular logic in a counter instrument can handle, and dividing down the local oscillator un a UHF TV tuner so the front panel micro can calculate a channel frequency for the OSD.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
A prescaler is a very fast counter or other circuit that takes in a very high frequency and produces a lower frequency that more "normal" electronic circuits can handle.

ak

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What does it mean for a counter to "work work without any changes"?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Can't you just use a counter IC (e.g. a CD4017)? Most have a 'clock-enable' or 'preset' or 'up/down' input to control the counting.