Counter for Refrigerator! Need help, kindly!

nornandxor

Joined Dec 11, 2017
Hi,
I am looking for a circuit’s schematic for the 4026 counter (or any other similar Counter IC) to attach its circuit at the door of my refrigerator so that when we open the refrigerator door ten times the counter’s Buzzer will start beeping and will not stop until we hit the reset button. Those ten times events of opening the door should be random (for example, I open the door now and the second time could be after one second or even fifteen minutes later). The counting process will be through a magnetic switch placed at the Refrigerators door and connected to the counter’s circuit. Note: I don’t need a 7-sgment lcd to show count there.
Any assistance/help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks

A.K.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I think you have the wrong expectations.

Members offer free assistance, but it seems to me that you're asking someone to design a circuit for you. Not many of us will work for free.

nornandxor

Joined Dec 11, 2017
I think you have the wrong expectations.

Members offer free assistance, but it seems to me that you're asking someone to design a circuit for you. Not many of us will work for free.
Hi dl324,
First, thanks for taking time replying to my post.
Second, I don't really mean that someone else do the job for me. Yet, I would highly appreciate any type of hints, assistance, or recommendations here.

Thanks

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hi,
I am looking for a circuit’s schematic for the 4026 counter (or any other similar Counter IC) to attach its circuit at the door of my refrigerator so that when we open the refrigerator door ten times the counter’s Buzzer will start beeping and will not stop until we hit the reset button.
I'd use the 4017 counter, mostly because I've familiar with it, but also because it can count to ten.

On paper I think the circuit could be really simple - your reed switch provides the input and the counter triggers the output - but I fear the reality is more complicated. The reed switch will probably need to be debounced to prevent multiple counts when it trips. And you'll probably want a latch on the output so that merely closing and reopening the door wouldn't turn off the alarm. And you'll need to think about how you want to power this safely.

nornandxor

Joined Dec 11, 2017
I'd use the 4017 counter, mostly because I've familiar with it, but also because it can count to ten.

On paper I think the circuit could be really simple - your reed switch provides the input and the counter triggers the output - but I fear the reality is more complicated. The reed switch will probably need to be debounced to prevent multiple counts when it trips. And you'll probably want a latch on the output so that merely closing and reopening the door wouldn't turn off the alarm. And you'll need to think about how you want to power this safely.
Hi wayneh,

That is a great help! I do have the CD4017 counter in my library. I will start my work/test on it and keep you updated guys. Thanks a LOT.

Dear Dl324,
Please, read the post "wayneh", it was really constructive and helpful, that's all I can say!