countdown clock until christmas

terapine

Joined Jun 26, 2014
I want to build a digital table top countdown clock to display the number of days left until christmas: days only .
On christmas day the clock will display "merry christmas" flashing or not flashing. A reset switch to start a new cycle and adjust time - days in this case. I can build the circuit based on the 555 and the 4000 series counter; I am not familiar with microcontrollers, but you may include the circuits or sources with microcontrollers, arduino. PIC, etc, so I can have a start. Thank you

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I want to build a digital table top countdown clock to display the number of days left until christmas: days only .
On christmas day the clock will display "merry christmas" flashing or not flashing. A reset switch to start a new cycle and adjust time - days in this case. I can build the circuit based on the 555 and the 4000 series counter; I am not familiar with microcontrollers, but you may include the circuits or sources with microcontrollers, arduino. PIC, etc, so I can have a start. Thank you
Based on your current knowledge, this project will be done in time for Christmas 2016 or 2017 if you work hard. If that timeline does not meet your needs, you should buy a completed unit from eBay or Amazon - if you can find one.