Cost of housing in a recession?

toffee_pie

Joined Oct 31, 2009
235
reading this basically confirms my motive for not wanting to move to the USA for work reasons. But I would like to do a visit there for a few months for a huge road trip someday.
 

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
816
Memphis, Nashville, and a lil time in Knoxville. I spent a few years there and it was just out of control. I've never heard so many racial slurs everywhere in just common speak. Then no liquor on sundays? But my god its like the entire states on meth trees. They don't grow down here very often so we don't see the damage they do except for on TV but you see it first hand up there. Its just quite a culture shock. I'm sure some towns are nice and civilized but all the cities I was in were horrible, crime ridden, and scary.
 
Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
23,842
Stay out of TN its the most racist place on earth across the board. If our from a progressive area DO NOT MOVE TO TN. The white people hate the black people and the black people hated the white people. Hispanics were all laborers and farmworkers, almost no other races. Nashvilles not as bad because its not a melting pot but its still way off from anything in the westcoast, FL, or the NE. South or Midwest might be able to handle it. I couldn't. By a year I just wanted to leave as bad as possible and come someplace where people were civilized.
Racism comes in many forms. You have managed to offend several folks with this post. Please keep it nice.
 

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
816
Racism comes in many forms. You have managed to offend several folks with this post. Please keep it nice.
I wouldn't call that racism.?.?.? I'd say its more defensive about their local. I admit all the problems we have where I live. I don't call em a liar or anything. May be my first post was a bit harsh but that was my honest impression. I guess I just find the south BB weird, must be a culture thing.
 

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
2,390
My preference would be an area with less crime and violence, and it that correlates to an area with less "progressiveness" maybe that price is worth paying?
Some of the places you've ID's a 'progressive' aren't really so. Florida, for example, lost recent SCOUS rulings over state ID laws that unevenly affected minority voters. Also, decidedly 'non-progressive' states have pleanty of crime. Dallas Texas, Birmingham Alabama, Atlanta Georgia, and many other. Progressive doesn't have to mean high crime.
 

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
816
Some of the places you've ID's a 'progressive' aren't really so. Florida, for example, lost recent SCOUS rulings over state ID laws that unevenly affected minority voters. Also, decidedly 'non-progressive' states have pleanty of crime. Dallas Texas, Birmingham Alabama, Atlanta Georgia, and many other. Progressive doesn't have to mean high crime.
Thats Gov Rick Voltimore Scott. He passed that for the election then overturned it right after.
 
Top