Coronavirus?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Panic Mode, you are reading too many mistruths from antivaxxers.
The Pfizer and maybe Maderna vaccines are safe and effective against the original Chinese virus and the variant from India.
The Omicron variant from South Africa is different, is extremely contagious and needs a 3rd dose of Pfizer.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
perhaps...

but the death rate before vaccine and death rate after vaccine did not change.
that can be interpreted as vaccine made no difference. or maybe it did but the reported numbers are fake. pick one.

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/cor...d-heres-what-this-nyc-er-doctor-says/3476817/
Omicron symptoms by vaccine type

"Every patient I’ve seen with Covid that’s had a 3rd ‘booster’ dose has had mild symptoms. By mild I mean mostly sore throat. Lots of sore throat. Also some fatigue, maybe some muscle pain. No difficulty breathing. No shortness of breath. All a little uncomfortable, but fine," Spencer wrote.

From there, it goes downhill - slowly, though.
"And almost every single patient that I’ve taken care of that needed to be admitted for Covid has been unvaccinated. Every one with profound shortness of breath. Every one whose oxygen dropped when they walked. Every one needing oxygen to breath regularly," he said.

Spencer's recommendations were straightforward -- get vaccinated if you haven't, get a second dose of something else if you've had one J&J shot, and if you're eligible, get a booster.

"So no matter your political affiliation, or thoughts on masks, or where you live in this country, as an ER doctor you’d trust with your life if you rolled into my emergency room at 3am, I promise you that you’d rather face the oncoming Omicron wave vaccinated," Spencer concluded.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-record-1-082-549-COVID-cases-single-day.html
US hits record 1,082,549 COVID cases in a single day but hospitalizations are well below peak and deaths remain relatively low at 1,688

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Why are there so many vaccinated people recently hospitalized for Covod-19?
Duh... 1) Because almost everybody is vaccinated and there are few unvaccinated people.
2) Only 25% to 30% of vaccinated people have the important 3rd dose.
3) There are many vaccinated immigrants who have never had a mild cold so they go to a hospital thinking that they have a serious problem.

Case counts in the US are high because their vaccination rate is low.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Why are there so many vaccinated people recently hospitalized for Covod-19?
Duh... 1) Because almost everybody is vaccinated and there are few unvaccinated people.
2) Only 25% to 30% of vaccinated people have the important 3rd dose.
3) There are many vaccinated immigrants who have never had a mild cold so they go to a hospital thinking that they have a serious problem.

Case counts in the US are high because their vaccination rate is low.
1641328559716.png
Case counts are high in the US and everyplace Omicron has arrived because Omicron is hyper-contagious. The vaccination rates are no longer a Omicron wave metric for case levels, only case severity.
1641328652315.png

https://www.reuters.com/business/he...pening-amid-record-covid-19-cases-2022-01-03/
SYDNEY, Jan 3 (Reuters) - Australia's government said the milder impact of the Omicron strain of COVID-19 meant the country could push ahead with plans to reopen the economy even as new infections hit a record of more than 37,000 and the number of people hospitalised rose.

Record daily case numbers were reported on Monday in the states of Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and Tasmania, as well as the Australian Capital Territory.

In New South Wales, there were 20,794 cases, higher than Sunday's figure but below the daily record of 22,577 set on Saturday, with testing numbers lower over the New Year's holiday weekend.

The national daily total hit a record of more than 37,150 cases, exceeding Saturday's 35,327 cases, with Western Australia and the Northern Territory still to report.

"We have to stop thinking about case numbers and think about serious illness, living with the virus, managing our own health and ensuring that we're monitoring those symptoms and we keep our economy going," Prime Minister Scott Morrison told Channel Seven.

Last edited:

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
perhaps...

that can be interpreted as vaccine made no difference. or maybe it did but the reported numbers are fake. pick one.
That's like saying,
"we released a bunch of bedbugs in our apartment. After a year, we fumigated my apartment, and the apartments on either side of my apartment." Then a few months later reporting your observations as "We must admit that Fumigation is not effective because now the other 9 apartments in our building are infested with bedbugs and we even see bedbugs in the three apartments that were fumigated last year."

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
That's like saying,
"we released a bunch of bedbugs in our apartment. After a year, we fumigated my apartment, and the apartments on either side of my apartment." Then a few months later reporting your observations as "We must admit that Fumigation is not effective because now the other 9 apartments in our building are infested with bedbugs and we even see bedbugs in the three apartments that were fumigated last year."
apples and oranges (as expected).

Covid-19 appeared in 2019. i was comparing death rates 1980-2022 and there is no difference. graph is practically straight line there.
if your apartment building was pest free for 20+ years and then you release bugs and later on fumigate... regardless if fumigation covers two apartments or perhaps only 1 square foot - if one can still PROVE that infestation level for the entire building exactly matches the previous 20+ years (after just one fumigation...) i would call that fumigation very very very successful. after all results speak for themselves.

but there may be some truth to your example. maybe the bugs were indeed released on purpose but this fact is being swept under the rug. if true that would suggest very unsanitary place and practices. in that case neighbors should intervene and pest spreader should face consequences. if that was an accident and resident of said place is remorseful, open to dialog and investigation and - trying to make sure this does not happen again, good neighbors could and should offer help.

see how that goes...? a child would understand the logic. point and blame where blame belongs to, don't sweep it under rug

Last edited:

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
good... anyone who has a dog knows that they need to spend time outdoors every day. and routine matters.
If the city here decided to do this, I would make sure to transfer whatever my dogs deposited inside my house due to break in their routine down to city hall lawn... because we are all in this together!

drjohsmith

Joined Dec 13, 2021
perhaps...

You must missed the obvious third option

Vaccines are effective , and the death rate when we were all in n lock down etc and with vaccine , was within a few percent the same

That does not mean isolation and vaccines did not work ,

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Given that this thread seems to attract outlandish political comments masquerading as opinions and yields very used little useful data I and the staff have decided to close it forthwith. It is accounting for the majority of our reports nowadays. This stops now.

Status
Not open for further replies.