I'll look to see if I can find a 2 1/2 NPT and a bushing 2 1/2 to 1/2 in metal. However, the water system used plastic fittings and they're rated for potential house pressure of 100 PSI. They MUST be tested to a higher standard than that.
Also, the fiberglass tank has a plastic fitting at the top of it. The only differences I could find regarding conduit and PVC is that the conduit shouldn't be used for potable water because of hazardous chemicals that can leach out. Now that I think of it - - - what happens if a wire becomes overheated inside a conduit? Wouldn't that release hazardous gasses?
Anyway, what you see is what I did. Smart ? ? ? Maybe not. Does it work? Well, "Empirically" it has so far. Yes, I know, that doesn't mean it won't fail. That's why I don't leave it pressurized.
Also, the fiberglass tank has a plastic fitting at the top of it. The only differences I could find regarding conduit and PVC is that the conduit shouldn't be used for potable water because of hazardous chemicals that can leach out. Now that I think of it - - - what happens if a wire becomes overheated inside a conduit? Wouldn't that release hazardous gasses?
Anyway, what you see is what I did. Smart ? ? ? Maybe not. Does it work? Well, "Empirically" it has so far. Yes, I know, that doesn't mean it won't fail. That's why I don't leave it pressurized.