convert 220 VAC 50 Hz to 110 VAC 60 Hz

abdullah8391

Joined Sep 6, 2015
Hi, i live is Pakistan and here the voltage ratings are 220 vac 50 Hz. A few days back we got a gift (chopper machine) that is rated 110 VAC 60 Hz.

And now i have been assigned to run this chopper machine. And frankly speaking i have no idea to do that.
So can anyone give me proper circuit diagram though which i can convert 220 VAC 50 Hz to 110 VAC 60 Hz with 200 watt power.

Last edited:

EM Fields

Joined Jun 8, 2016
Hi, i live is Pakistan and here the voltage ratings are 220 vac 50 Hz. A few days back we got a gift (chopper machine) that is rated 110 VAC 60 Hz.

And now i have been assigned to run this chopper machine. And frankly speaking i have no idea to do that.
So can anyone give me proper circuit diagram though which i can convert 220 VAC 50 Hz to 110 VAC 60 Hz with 200 watt power. And the circuit should be transformer less.
Try this

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
This discussion is close to violating the Terms of Service, but because of the nature of the application (it is not likely to be mistaken for an isolated power supply) we are allowing the discussion to continue.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I reopen the thread, but if the TS still insists to using the transformerless power supply then our mods will close the thread again.

abdullah8391

Joined Sep 6, 2015
I reopen the thread, but if the TS still insists to using the transformerless power supply then our mods will close the thread again.
Thanks for reopnening the thread.
I am beginner in this field. Before postong here when I searched on google, all there was a triac circuit or something similar. That is why I said transformerless. If it is possible with transformer than it is not a problem for. All I want is that my circuit would work.
Thanks sir for reopenning the thread.

abdullah8391

Joined Sep 6, 2015
I think post #10 would be the simplest, surely they have transformers in Pakistan?
Especially for 200w.
Max.
Yes there are available.
But I don't think that a 60 Hz rated appliance would work on 50 Hz supply(without getting damaged).
I don't mind using transformer but again what about frequency?

JWHassler

Joined Sep 25, 2013
I personally have doubts in using solely transformer because then in rating it should be written 50/60 Hz.
http://www.engineering.com/Electron...wer-Supply-Frequency-Between-50-and-60Hz.aspx
check the above link.
since my machine is a chopper machine so I think lowering the power won't be good for it.
See post #12. I agree that the appliance is unlikely to have an induction motor, making the referenced article inapplicable.
Universal motors are tolerant of frequency.