Controlling Street lights with Synchronous Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasPhillipBrau

Joined Oct 30, 2019
I missed the fact that you weren't using the inverted outputs on the flip flops. Some commercial flip flops don't have complementary outputs. In those cases, we just use an inverter when we need the inverted output.

How many gates did your solution take?
First version had like over 35 gates...I re-read the chapter on K maps and started using them and I managed to simplify it to 9 AND gates to handle the states, 4 OR gates to handle the outputs of 8 of those ANDs (the lone one just outputs directly to the light) & 2 OR + 2 XOR to handle the states that were composed of the sum of other states.

dasPhillipBrau

Joined Oct 30, 2019
So? What does that have to do with anything? No one is disputing that there are disreputable people in technical trades -- you are doing your best to become a case in point.

There are bulletin boards where all kinds of unethical and/or illegal services, up to and including murder for hire, are offered. Does the fact that they exist mean that people that use them are not doing anything wrong?
Mate I don't know if it's funny or pathetic that you're still insisting that contacting a professor to explain a concept is cheating.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
If you’re so sure that your not cheating, are you brave enough to post your institution and your professors full name?

Because...
Mate I don't know if it's funny or pathetic that you're still insisting that contacting a professor to explain a concept is cheating.
And I don’t know if it’s funny or pathetic that you’re still insisting that paying someone to explain a concept is NOT cheating. Note that you didn’t say that you contacted a professor earlier. You said you PAID an engineer. A professor wouldn’t have given you an answer. And your weak excuse that it wasn’t an answer but a “concept” doesn’t fly. Give us the school, the name of the class and your professor’s full name if you’re brave enough and we will get the final answer.

I’m willing to bet it you answer our challenge, at a minimum you’ll fail and possibly you’ll be expelled.

I have a strong idea regardless. It is pathetic that you are so morally weak that you are dense enough to try to justify your ethical weaknesses. I see someone so morally weak that they cannot recognize their moral transgressions If you were at a top ten US engineering school, your classmates would have turned you in, an academic court would have convicted you (easily proven by your own statements as well as your bulletin board resources) and you would have been expelled.

Hast la vista, babe’

Then, you couldn’t afford to pay an engineer again.

Good luck sweeping the floors at fast food places in the futures.

Last edited:

dasPhillipBrau

Joined Oct 30, 2019
If you’re so sure that your not cheating, are you brave enough to post your institution and your professors full name?

Because...

And I don’t know if it’s funny or pathetic that you’re still insisting that paying someone to explain a concept is NOT cheating. Note that you didn’t say that you contacted a professor earlier. You said you PAID an engineer. A professor wouldn’t have given you an answer. And your weak excuse that it wasn’t an answer but a “concept” doesn’t fly. Give us the school, the name of the class and your professor’s full name if you’re brave enough and we will get the final answer.

I’m willing to bet it you answer our challenge, at a minimum you’ll fail and possibly you’ll be expelled.

I have a strong idea regardless. It is pathetic that you are so morally weak that you are dense enough to try to justify your ethical weaknesses. I see someone so morally weak that they cannot recognize their moral transgressions If you were at a top ten US engineering school, your classmates would have turned you in, an academic court would have convicted you (easily proven by your own statements as well as your bulletin board resources) and you would have been expelled.

Hast la vista, babe’

Then, you couldn’t afford to pay an engineer again.

Good luck sweeping the floors at fast food places in the futures.
LMAO boomers SEETHING the system was beat.
I've been a software developer for 6 years, I'm not wiping floors at any fast food place, mate.
I've also been doing it without a degree, in case you're wondering. You're denser than I thought if you think that most IT companies nowadays actually give a damn if you have a degree or not.

Also, how would you even post that on a project? Would you write "I had classes with X person and he taught me the concepts that I wasn't understanding"? Why? By that logic you'd have to write every piece of information that got you to the solution.

"Professor" doesn't have to mean a staff of the university, anyone who teaches anything is a professor. And you're still dense enough to think that getting private lessons is cheating. So if someone is taking a calculus class and they go to private classes, they cheated? So your idea of not cheating is clearing everything 100% on your own without getting any sort of help?

If you wanna know something funny...there was never any professor or engineer lmao, if you don't believe me, go check the message when I said an engineer had already been contacted, I don't think there's many engineers answering phone calls from students at 10 PM to make 10 quid. Only reason why I said it, was because the other guy got all high and mighty with his morals trying to imply he'd contact my university to have me expelled, so I thought I'd pull his ear for a while.

What I did was literally just grabbing my book and checking the chapter on counters again and I noticed there was a section about decoding where it explicitly said that to decode binary with flip flops you had to use Q as 1 and Q' as 0 and feed it to an AND gate. Then I kept going on my own. Of course, I still hold my views that there is literally nothing wrong with a person paying to clear a course they don't actually need, and I don't care if my Uni would disagree with that because it simply means their morals are outdated. Current uni system and your own boomer mindset greatly punishes pragmatism. I doubt my classmates would have "turned me in", at least it'd be very hypocritic from their part, because I've helped people before with programming and math classes lol.
It's a major false equivalence to compare a doctor cheating through med school with a computer science student cheating on a class that's not actually a main part of his curriculum.
And even Bill Gates hacked his high school system to get placed in the classes he wanted, I'm not saying I'm Bill Gates btw, just pointing out there's great minds out there who don't always follow that black and white morality of yours.

In any case, the project is done, properly, working entirely as intended and sent, thanks for the people who did help. You can die mad about the whole morality thing if you want, that's not on me anymore.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Thank you for your explanation. :p

And by the way, with your attitude and morals, you will eventually do something stupid (as dense as you are) and get caught. And you’ll lose your job and be lucky if you do anything more than sweep floors.

I fired more people working for me in IT, than you can imagine, for nothing more than the behavior you’ve exhibited in this post. You better hope that you never work for me.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.