Controlling a Teco E510 Inverter via it's multifunctional input terminals with a Teensey 3.2

Is the current circuit design ok?

• Total voters

jwa3003

Joined Oct 21, 2018
I am trying to control a Teco E510 Inverter via it's multifunctional input terminals with a Teensey 3.2

The Teco E510 has these multifunctional input terminals that can be used for a variety of different things. I would like to be able to control them with a Teensy 3.2.

The problem is that the Teco's multifunctional input terminals operate when 24V is applied to them. The Teensy 3.2 outputs 3.3V on it's digital pins.

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG

After mucking around I found that the following design achieved the desired results, however I don't feel like this is good way to do this as the 24V of the Teco is directly connected to the Teensy GND.

Capture4.PNG

What would be the correct way of doing this?

boydage

Joined Oct 7, 2016
I remember trying to control an inverter with Mach 3 software and there was a board I purchased somewhere that converted PWM to analog 0-10v. Although I dont know anything about the Teensy 3.2.

My Teco 510 is controlled in the machine I have by the 0-10V input. And external relays between the board and the 24vdc. Not sure if this helps you but it works well here.

RPLaJeunesse

Joined Jul 29, 2018
If I understand the Teco E510 manual page 3-47 correctly with JP1 set to NPN then the digital inputs require a switch to the "COM" pin to activate. I'd tie "COM" to the Teensy ground pin, and use BSS138 transistors as the needed 3.3 to 24V level shifters. (Source to COM/Teensy ground, gate to Teensy output, drain to the Teco. Add 33K from each gate to source so the BSS138s stay off while the Teensy is in reset.)