contactor

muganga

Joined Apr 12, 2006
hi...i need help about how simulate a seal's circuit (contactor + 2 Pushbutton(START and STOP). My circuit is to start a motor...i tried simulate but when i push START..it didnt keep close. I am usind electronic work bench

thanks so much...if you can add at MSN to exchange information about EWB i'll thanks a lot.

Fernando Azevedo
mugangalinux@hotmail.com
Brazil

windoze killa

Joined Feb 23, 2006
Originally posted by muganga@Apr 13 2006, 12:14 PM
hi...i need help about how simulate a seal's circuit (contactor + 2 Pushbutton(START and STOP). My circuit is to start a motor...i tried simulate but when i push START..it didnt keep close. I am usind electronic work bench

thanks so much...if you can add at MSN to exchange information about EWB i'll thanks a lot.

Fernando Azevedo
mugangalinux@hotmail.com
Brazil
[post=16134]Quoted post[/post]​
You probably need to change the type of switch from momentary to On-Off latching.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by windoze killa@Apr 12 2006, 09:17 PM
You probably need to change the type of switch from momentary to On-Off latching.
[post=16135]Quoted post[/post]​
You put the sealing contact in parallel with the normally open START switch. These two switches are in series with the normally closed STOP switch. This is in series with the coil. This makes one ladder rung.

The sealing contact should be a normally open contact from the same relay as the coil. When the coil is energized the normally open sealing contact in parallel with the START switch allows the START switch to open. Later whn the STOP switch is activated the current is removed from the coil which opens the sealing contact.

Does that help?