Connector extension

Gerardvanmoorsel

Joined Jun 18, 2022
Here is my issue: i own a Milwaukee cbs125 bandsaw. It runs on battery m18/b6 5.0ah; i situated the bandsaw on a stationairy table. Now it is hard to reach the on/of switch (you have to keep it triggered to let it run) i put a clamp on it. Take it of when finished, this is not ideal. Battery is placed on top of the machine (when placed at the table, the battery is on the back). I can take out the battery en replace it as a kind of switch, machine on/off. But what i like to do is extend the battery connector to the front of my bandsaw-table (with wires) put the battery in a new connector at the front. Place a circuit-breaker switch in one off the wires (pref. The +wire), so i can switch of the machine in front of the table. The batt.connector has 5 connections; 1 for +; 1 for -, 1 for loading connection en 2 connections named j1 en j2, dont know what for.
here is my question (after long story, but sorry):
is it possible, do you guys/girls think, to just extend the connectors on the machine with 5 wires en connect them after lets say 50cm at the 5 battery connectors, nd place a circuit-breaker switch in the +wire?
happy with suggestions from you guys/girls

Attachments

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
To avoid modifying the tool at all I suggest a mechanical remote operator for the trigger switch in it's present location, linked by a flexible cable like those used for bicycle brakes, and then a foot-pedal on the floor to operate the switch. That will allow both hands free to control the workpiece and allow stopping the saw without any hand motions. Any electrical arrangement to remotely control the saw will either modify the saw or be rather expensive. And an on/off switch will be a safety hazard as well.

Gerardvanmoorsel

Joined Jun 18, 2022
To avoid modifying the tool at all I suggest a mechanical remote operator for the trigger switch in it's present location, linked by a flexible cable like those used for bicycle brakes, and then a foot-pedal on the floor to operate the switch. That will allow both hands free to control the workpiece and allow stopping the saw without any hand motions. Any electrical arrangement to remotely control the saw will either modify the saw or be rather expensive. And an on/off switch will be a safety hazard as well.
….witch is a very good suggestion, thx for this idea