connection of charge controller, battery and inverter

aspirea5745

Joined Apr 17, 2019
I do not understand the connection of charge controller, battery and inverter in following picture. Solar panels generate DC electricity, charge controller protects the battery from overcharging. battery store DC power and inverter converts DC voltages into AC voltage.

1595675118032.png

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
I agree. The diagram is very vague and misleading. The charge controller should be shown connected directly between the solar panel and the battery, and the inverter directly between the battery and the house. Usually, in commercial systems, the charge controller and invertor are combined ito one integrated unit.
Keith

aspirea5745

Joined Apr 17, 2019
I agree. The diagram is very vague and misleading. The charge controller should be shown connected directly between the solar panel and the battery, and the inverter directly between the battery and the house. Usually, in commercial systems, the charge controller and invertor are combined ito one integrated unit.
Keith
1595685449754.png
I have fixed it

Can you tell me What charge controller will be required for 1kw solar panel?

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
The charge controller must have an input that will match the voltage of the solar panels. The output must be able to supply enough current to run the load as well as charge the 3.6V battery pack. I can not be more specific than that because I don't know enough about the solar panel or load or how often and for how long the load will be connected. I also don't know at what lattitude you live or what the average sunshine is there.
Keith