Connecting SCADA with uC...??

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
are you talking data input into a Scada system?

PLCs manage the I/O level due to their 'logical' characteristics. They contribute to higher level management typical through a server. OPC is common. SCADA then performs tasks on the data exchanged, typically from and to variable platforms. Intouch offers products that perform across the system.

At the I/O level, you comply with the local communication protocol, and perform according to directions given by the PLC. The PLC then may pass information about your performance and state onto a server, which can also be accessed by higher level control.

If you are a client app, and can attach to the server, you could pass data in either direction, assuming permissions are had.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
OK, one more question Why we control automation using PLC not by Embedded system???

are you talking data input into a Scada system?
yes but not using PLC by uC, can we do this for small system??
The AIM is the visualization of whole process...

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
we do use embedded. Remote I/O that communicates with the PLC over some comm buss. PLCs in general terms include I/O drivers, driven by capable processors, with the option of easy configuration over broad control tasks.

The AIM is the visualization of whole process...
What does that mean?

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
with the PLC over some comm buss. PLCs in general terms include I/O drivers, driven by capable processors, with the option of easy configuration over broad control tasks.
Can you explain me this more ??we do programming in PLC( Ladder) this can be done in uC too...?

What does that mean?
I mean to say that the if i am working on small colge project like prototype so, can we connect SCADA to uC via sensors to see the process in screen as we do with PLC??

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hi,

I have seen in Google about MODBUS they said to program PIC MODBUS in micro controller for communicating with In touch.
so, my first and last question is if we are animating any simple thing in In touch and want to change color i.e. appling filling property in rectangle according to any pin of uC connected changing state Vcc or GND change filling color like this.

how this will happen?

Lourens

Joined Jul 16, 2012
Program the uC to act as a MODBUS slave that can handle READ REGISTER messages from master. uC can then pack data into register and master (SCADA) can display it.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Program the uC to act as a MODBUS slave that can handle READ REGISTER messages from master. uC can then pack data into register and master (SCADA) can display it.
hi,

can you help me with it, i am reading tutorial but still need guidance from you...

Lourens

Joined Jul 16, 2012
Hi
The txt files you posted is way above me but they for sure do not contain anything about MODBUS. As previously suggested get the MODBUS specification and study it, it is not complicated at all. Once you know what MODBUS is about then you can start thinking of how to implement it in uC.

Lourens

Joined Jul 16, 2012
Good, now you are getting somewhere. Write a routine for your pic to receive the 'Read Input Register (0x04)' message from the MODBUS master (SCADA)and to reply with the correct message containing the 'Register' data. In the register (16 bits) you pack the data from the switches connected to your pic. Testing your code is simple - first use MPLABs simulator to feed the 'Read Input Register' message data into the serial port. Once this is working then use one of the many MODBUS Master simulators available for the pc to simulate the message from the SCADA master.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
I am not getting how scada of in touch will send data, buy what mean can you explain with example like we use tag in it, simply applying any filling property in rectangle from Pic uC switch....

Lourens

Joined Jul 16, 2012
Your question is now about how the scada system does its thing. For the answer you must ask the producers of the scada and study their documentation.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Your question is now about how the scada system does its thing. For the answer you must ask the producers of the scada and study their documentation.
This is not my question, i am asking for example filling properties is applied to rectangle from slider how does serial comm or how to link that to uC...?

any way you tell me what to do now for starting..?