Connecting Rasberry pi to slave Jukebox P.C.B to acheive 2 way protocol

prezzo

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Hi I am working on a project to convert my SLAVE wallbox into a jukebox using a Rasberry pi

My friend has sorting the programming now i need to get the pi and the wallbox communicating together
the board has a 2 x R 65 C 22 - P 2 Ic chips schematic attached and pic

There is 2 connections at the bottom of the board to physically attach the pi Ground and signal, originally the connection from
the master Jukebox was via a 2 core signal cable that also supplied my wallbox with a 24v supply to switch it on from
standby mode connected to these points via a 5v/36v relay on a separate small power supply board
I have modified the 24v supply away from the ground and signal terminals and installed a 12v remote controlled power supply
direct to the relay on the power board now I can attach the pi to the terminals witout frying it

Once connected should they now communicate ? or will I have problems with the original programming already installed in the
chips by the manufacturer's

I am trying to prep everything before my friend come to set the pi up he is good with programming but has no experience with
circuits

any help would be appreciated

Regards Paul

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I dunno what an R 65 C22 - P 2 chip is or what it might have to do with communication.
The schematic image is unreadable.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I appreciate the effort, but the problem is that I cannot zoom in on the posted image so I can identify the chips and what they are connected to. Is there any chance you can use a scanner to create a PDF file which you can post and I can zoom in on?

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
There is a RS 232 din socket on the right side is that for the data in/out.?

Also where the wallbox connects to the player , Via IC17, there is a data signal pin and Gnd, next to the 24V supply.

Last edited:

prezzo

Joined Sep 23, 2020
There is a RS 232 din socket on the right side is that for the data in/out.?

Also where the wallbox connects to the player , Via IC17, there is a data signal pin and Gnd, next to the 24V supply.
Hi Dave

I think the data socket was for a programmer/reader to gather info for matainance and amount of money inserted
and programming, at least thats what I understand from the technical manual I have

When I disconnected the box in the pub the only connection was to the pins you've just mentioned

does the attached file below help at all ?

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Not for me , it's a Datasheet for that chip, it tells you how to access it, the problem is you don't know where to access the information from and send it to , to make a music selection.

prezzo

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Hi Dave

I think the data socket was for a programmer /reader to gather info for matainance and amount of money inserted
and programming, at least thats what I understand from the technical manual I have

When I disconnected the box in the pub the onl connection was to the pins you've just mentioned

does the attached file below help at all ?

Cheers
here is a close up pc of the connection pins

Attachments

prezzo

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Not for me , it's a Datasheet for that chip, it tells you how to access it, the problem is you don't know where to access the information from and send it to , to make a music selection.
Exactly my knowedge of circuitry is limited and programming = 0

prezzo

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Exactly my knowedge of circuitry is limited and programming = 0
My friend has almost sorted the programming of the pi he has it so it can interface it wirelessly with my Sonos system
and Spotify but now i need it to communicate with the wallbox board to get the information when selecting tracks