connecting one HC-06 to two arduinos

Dumken

Joined Oct 7, 2014
Good day guys. pls is it possible to connect one HC-06 to two arduinos at the receiving end. Actually the task is achievable with one arduino and one HC06 but the program is to much for it to carry. I tried option of using mega but the two tasks are time dependent. one affects the effectiveness of the other.
so how can I use a bluetooth device to receive at different arduinos that should be connected to one HC06. Is this realizable with HC06 and how.
Thank you

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
I'm pretty sure he means a cheap little Bluetooth module. And I think the answer is that certainly, once you get 2 Bluetooth modules paired, they form a serial link that data gets sent into at one end, and comes out at the other (though with a slight delay). You can connect the output of one HC06 to any number of receiving devices if they have UARTs set for the right data rate. What you can't do is connect multiple transmitting units to the same HC06's input.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm pretty sure he means a cheap little Bluetooth module. And I think the answer is that certainly, once you get 2 Bluetooth modules paired, they form a serial link that data gets sent into at one end, and comes out at the other (though with a slight delay). You can connect the output of one HC06 to any number of receiving devices if they have UARTs set for the right data rate. What you can't do is connect multiple transmitting units to the same HC06's input.
Right. That clears it up for me.