Connecting e-stop circuits

Doddsy321

Joined Dec 12, 2017
I have been given a project at work to see if it is possible to connect three separate e-stop circuits. I will be breaking into the circuit of three separate machines that part k a production line, and adding two new enclosures with safety relays in between the machines to monitor the new combined safety circuit, the channels from all three machines will run through these relays.
The problem I have is I have been given 2 24vdc safety relays for the project, however only 2 of the machines current safety relays are 24vdc with the other being 48vdc.
How would I incorporate these two different voltages into one circuit.

Cheers.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I assume you mean OR the E-Stop for all machine, IOW any Estop stops all?
If this is part of an assembly/production line, then I assume when having one machine out of commission for some service reason it will not matter if the others are down also?
D0 these 2 new enclosures have their own supply and circuitry? So there will be 5 machines in total?
Max.

Doddsy321

Joined Dec 12, 2017
Sorry I maybe didn't make it clear enough, yes I want it so any e stop, stops all, I have encorporated a harting plug socket to each machine. When the machine is being used by itself a blank plug is fitted to complete the circuit for that machine alone. The line consists of three machine however it could be only be one or two running at one time. if say, two machines are running then a hartining cable is connected to the plug, then to my added enclosure (which contains a 24v safety relay ) and then a lead is connected to the harting plug socket of the next machine.
However the issue is that the middle, main machine in the line has a 48v safety relay compared to the 24v for the front and rear machine.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Do you have any kind of drawing or schematic of the lay out so far ? Presumably you would have one at the end of the project for future reference?
Max.