connect the STONE module to the arduino

Kenyon

Joined Feb 11, 2019
I have the STVA070WT-01 model module from STONE technology
I'm testing with an Arduino Leonardo or Uno.
I also have a max3232 rs232 serial to TTL adapter to connect the display to the Arduino. Also, haven't looked up what pins to connect this to yet if anyone knows.
I won't know how to send a variable to the screen to display it.
can have someone help me getting this stone HMI screen running?

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
It has a serial interface so connecting it is simple but is there an Arduino library available for it? If so then you will need to learn its command set. If not then there is a daunting task of writing one.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
No it means you have to learn the command set and the library links them into the Arduino command structure. The library is like an addendum to the Arduino command set.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Was it cheap? 7 inch that is honorable. I am fell in love about 2,8 inch modules where I found a painful and therefore enormous cheap RGB graphic board named DEM 240 320 K1TMH (so low as 9 USD with few coins per piece. Only after I purchased some hundre4ds of them I realized damn they are not using a common ILI9341 controller but HX8347. After installing the existing libraries it (of course) not moved on of it`s eyes. After reading with one finger on datasheet 1000 pages and other on library 10 000 strokes, my programmer after two weeks work find the mistake in producer homepage. As soon he applied the patch this display begun to work and works brilliantly. Seems that was the main reason why it not cost the 22 or 25 USD per piece :)

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I looked through their website and found a link to the Arduino website tutorial on connecting RS-232 devices but nothing on a library to integrate it into the IDE software. Do some googling and look at the GitHub site for a library and you may find one. Also, try asking on the Arduino Forum if anyone knows of one.