Components name

Kava Canada

Joined Aug 20, 2023
Hi all my friends, I hope all is doing well.
I have some components I could not find., I tested them as capacitors or as a diode, it did not work with me. Emersonjpg.jpganyone kindly know it?
and how to test it.
thanks in advance

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

That is a diode, probably a zener diode. If that's the case, while (if it is working) it will act like a normal diode when forward biased, it has a very specific breakdown voltage when reverse biased. This property (called the knee voltage for zeners) makes the zener very useful.
1696326030071.png
By connecting a positive supply rail to the 0V rail through a zener, a circuit can be protected from over voltage by shunting anything over the knee voltage to the 0V rail. They are sometimes pushed into service as terrible voltage regulators. In most cases this is a poor design, and a proper regulator should be used instead.

seanstevens

Joined Sep 22, 2009
Your arrow on the right points to what looks like a crystal, and the bottom left arrow is a diode possibly a schottky diode and above that is an inductor.

Kava Canada

Joined Aug 20, 2023
Welcome to AAC.

That is a diode, probably a zener diode. If that's the case, while (if it is working) it will act like a normal diode when forward biased, it has a very specific breakdown voltage when reverse biased. This property (called the knee voltage for zeners) makes the zener very useful.
By connecting a positive supply rail to the 0V rail through a zener, a circuit can be protected from over voltage by shunting anything over the knee voltage to the 0V rail. They are sometimes pushed into service as terrible voltage regulators. In most cases this is a poor design, and a proper regulator should be used instead.
thanks for your reply, and do you know the other components? thanks in advance

Kava Canada

Joined Aug 20, 2023
there is gowanda SMT inductor https://www.gowanda.com/product-fin...ucts/datasheet/SMP5025-Datasheet_RevIssue.pdf

two smt diodes, small one is likely a zener diode. the second one could be a zener too but is possibly a shotky diode

and there is a crystal (clock for Atmel chip, see side capacitors).
Your arrow on the right points to what looks like a crystal, and the bottom left arrow is a diode possibly a schottky diode and above that is an inductor.
Really thank you. I appreciate your help.