Component Organizer

msr

Joined Jul 8, 2008
Hello,

I would like to introduce you to my latest geek creation: Component Organizer :) (I hope I'm on the right forum's thread)

I wanted to introduce myself to C# but I also wanted to create something useful. So I created this program which lets you easily organize your electronic parts, datasheets and also application notes. Because this is a very light application, I think this is ideal to use in a PEN drive, so you could always have all the important data with you.

There are also options to easily share data between two (or more) PC's or PEN drives.
Other features you might find useful: it makes use of labels to find components more easily, you can append files (eg. source code, etc) to application notes, application notes can be associated to components, datasheets from many manufacturers can be appended to components...

And that's it. The program is very simple, I think you'd better try it to evaluate yourself its functionalities.

DOWNLOAD can be done here:
http://cidadao.uni.cc/comporg/

I hope it has some use for you, at least, as it has for me.
Feedback is very welcomed!

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I'll give it a look-see.

I have used a database for part location previously.

Can you add fields? It would be nice to have stock location.
For instance, I have 5 tackle boxes labeled 1 through 5. They have 24 trays in each, with LOTS of stuff in each tray.

So it would help to have

LMXXX Voltage Regulator 3instock Box4 Tray6

msr

Joined Jul 8, 2008
Can you add fields?
Yes. To help you finding components, there are two kinds of labels: primary and secondary. Besides that there are other fields you can use, like: additional info (plain text, where you can type component's location or other info you find useful) and quantity in stock.

Doesn't run under linux.
Thats right, just on Windows... Its the problem of C# right now. There is a thing called MONO which pretends to make C# multi-platform easier but its still very buggy/immature.

Thanks a lot for you comment anyway!

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
IT would be cool when you port over to linux. It will be nice.

I have a need for such a program because of the amount of harvesting I do from old boards. So as I pull a part, I add it to the database.

You have a good idea. You should really try to port it to java or something more platform independent.

I'll keep an eye out.

msr

Joined Jul 8, 2008
You should really try to port it to java or something more platform independent.
I will.
I already tested Component Organizer under Mono and it runs but with several bugs. Next step will probabily try to port it to Java. Thanks for your suggestion!