Common Emitter Amp (A little guidance please)

erimessy

Joined Jan 29, 2008
To anyone with the time to help out... I am designing a program which will enable students to build circuits online (similar to tina)

I have completed sections for a bulb circuit and ohms law/resistance....
however, I am stuck in the mud in regard to the common emitter amplifier....

I have gained extensive research... and as I am supposed to present students with the experiments online i decided I could focus on the 3 Gains...

Voltage, Current and Power... If i should focus on one please let me know....

so anyway.... The help i require is with a the setting of component values and i guess my own design which I have posted up.... I am not an electronics student so however stupid this design looks just please don't tell me to go read up as it seems to be sending me in circles.

If the users assembled the circuit and each component has set values... does every node still have to be included in the circuit or with certain values which have already been assigned as part of the experiment i.e. 15V battery... can a formula give the gain results and if so does anyone know the simplest form available so that I can adopt this into the actionscript.

If this isn't very clear please let me know... And any feedback given is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Attachments

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
This isn't clear at all. Is there some purpose to the partial circuit? The label does not mean much until component values are applied, and operating conditions specified. The transistor is an AC amplifier in common emitter configuration, but the "common emitter" note points to a capacitor.

If you mean to develop software to allow students to design and simulate circuits, you are definitely going to need at least basic electronic skills as well as programming. If you have some other circuits on paper, you can post the here for commentary and suggestions.

You can lower the scan reso, too. 494 Kbytes is overkill for one page. Using a CAD program to generate the schematics would be a plus for clarity - you will need one for the student's use, too