Commom emitter amplifier circuit - clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

majawahar

Joined Jan 28, 2016
Dear friends,

Can some one clarify my doubt

In a 12V single stage common emitter amplifier circuit, i assume that when the circuit is on with a steady +12 DC, the voltage and current accross the transistor collector,base and emitter will be constant and will vary only when a sino sidal wave or anny other wave is appled at the input (base) of the transistor

If i am wrong then can some one explain ?

Regards

M.A.Jawahar

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Yes. You have described the steady state conditions for a common emitter amplifier stage. In the absence of a changing signal on the base, the collector current and voltage will be stable.

majawahar

Joined Jan 28, 2016
thanks AAC, but when i tried to simulate the circuit under the above condition and tried to check teh base collector & emitter current i found the the currents continuously changing.Can you suggest me what is happening?
Should i send the circuit as attachment.Will you be able to spare some time and read the attachment and guide me what i have done wrong

Joined Nov 30, 2010
There is nothing in that 5.3 MB PDF about this circuit. It mentions CADSOFT. Is that your simulation software?

R1 is not supposed to have 6 volts across it. It calculates as more than 8 volts.
You have a problem with simulation. I don't know how to simulate. I can't fix a simulator problem.

I am called, "Number Twelve".
Perhaps somebody else can help with the simulation problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.