Combine 2 separate device into one purpose

Anuloo

Joined Jul 7, 2021
Hi guys

Can anyone give some idea how can be done the following

I have a pre made vibration sensor alarm I Ve also have a pir mini sim alarm

So my great idea or stupid is to combine the 2.

I want to receive a text when the vibration sensor kicks in.

I manage to take the vibration sensor apart and I check that when is a alarm obviously there is a voltage output in the buzzer.

So I thought can be harvested this signal to the pir sim alarm

Just disconnect the motion sensor and connect the vibration sensor.

But I can't figure out what do I need to do to make it work.

Any crazy idea welcomed

Thanks in advance.

Ps: can't get to the vibration alarms circuit one the buzzer 2 cable is available .

So there is the challenge.

Attachments

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Is this possible?? Probably it is possible, BUT we have not much information about these two devices. We do not know the voltages at the points that would be involved, nor the current, nor the logic mode. In addition, we have no information about the power sources of either and how they connect to the points of interest.

So the short answer is probably YES, but we do not have the information needed to provide any useful suggestions about HOW.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Can it be done? Likely yes but as mentioned much more information is needed. A PIR (Proximity Detector) would enable a vibration sensor. At some pre determined level the vibration sensor would trigger a software routine to send a text msg to a smart phone. I did similar years ago and today it's much easier. You can send an SMS txt or email msg from just about any computer to a cell phone. I wrote a simple code in Visual Basic 6.0 which looked at the old RS232 port. If any of 3 digital inputs went high the program called a .vbs script code which sent both a SMS text and an Email to my cell phone.

The basic code in VB Script looks like this:

Code:
CreateMailMessage "2165551234@vtext.com", _
"Vibration Alert", _
"Vibration Alert"

Sub CreateMailMessage(strTo, strSubject, strBody)
Set appOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set msg = appOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With msg
.To = strTo
.Subject = strSubject
.Body = strBody
.Send
End With

End Sub
In the example above CreateMailMessage "2165551234@vtext.com", _ is the tricky part. @vtext.com is the code for Verizon my cellular carrier. All cellular carriers use a different code. the 2165551234 is where the cellular number gets inserted. So when a certain requirement is met software triggers a call to the above code. The VB Script code can be written in Notepad or similar on any Windows based computer. Today this could likely be done using something as simple as a Raspberry Pi. Anything that has Internet connectivity likely. Again, my doing this sort of thing was 20 plus years ago and today with smart devices things are much easier. Just about any smart device with IOT (Internet Of Things) could do what you seem to want to do.

Ron

Anuloo

Joined Jul 7, 2021
Can it be done? Likely yes but as mentioned much more information is needed. A PIR (Proximity Detector) would enable a vibration sensor. At some pre determined level the vibration sensor would trigger a software routine to send a text msg to a smart phone. I did similar years ago and today it's much easier. You can send an SMS txt or email msg from just about any computer to a cell phone. I wrote a simple code in Visual Basic 6.0 which looked at the old RS232 port. If any of 3 digital inputs went high the program called a .vbs script code which sent both a SMS text and an Email to my cell phone.

The basic code in VB Script looks like this:

Code:
CreateMailMessage "2165551234@vtext.com", _
"Vibration Alert", _
"Vibration Alert"

Sub CreateMailMessage(strTo, strSubject, strBody)
Set appOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set msg = appOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With msg
.To = strTo
.Subject = strSubject
.Body = strBody
.Send
End With

End Sub
In the example above CreateMailMessage "2165551234@vtext.com", _ is the tricky part. @vtext.com is the code for Verizon my cellular carrier. All cellular carriers use a different code. the 2165551234 is where the cellular number gets inserted. So when a certain requirement is met software triggers a call to the above code. The VB Script code can be written in Notepad or similar on any Windows based computer. Today this could likely be done using something as simple as a Raspberry Pi. Anything that has Internet connectivity likely. Again, my doing this sort of thing was 20 plus years ago and today with smart devices things are much easier. Just about any smart device with IOT (Internet Of Things) could do what you seem to want to do.

Ron
Here some extra info

I manage to take apart the GSM pir alarm
And this what I found

The PDF gives the pir controller datasheet
I believe it uses a pis209s motion sensor

The other photos is the circuit board

Attachments

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
So you have a basic PIR motion sensor with what looks to be a relay output, normally open and when motion is detected K1 is active and its contacts close. Powered by 5 volts with an onboard regulator for 3.3 volts. That is what the PDF schematic reflects. What exactly are you wanting to do? That means in detail.

Ron

Anuloo

Joined Jul 7, 2021
So you have a basic PIR motion sensor with what looks to be a relay output, normally open and when motion is detected K1 is active and its contacts close. Powered by 5 volts with an onboard regulator for 3.3 volts. That is what the PDF schematic reflects. What exactly are you wanting to do? That means in detail.

Ron
Yes Ron

And I have a vibration sensor alarm as a separate completely different device.

And as I said earlier post I took that apart but I could not get to the PCB
All I know is when the alarm is triggered full on the buzzer or the sensor gets 1.00 volt or above.

Any other voltage are irrelevant because it means the alarm not set off yet just beeps and other sounds.

The only relevant is when the voltage measure above 1 v

So o was thinking can be harvested this to check when the voltage is above 1 v. Using the other pir sensor and send the message
Like the pir already doing so but for the motion sensor

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Detecting when a voltage exceeds a pre set level is just a matter of using a comparator circuit. Your PIR sensor is not a "smart" device so you need to make it smart. How do you want this to send you notifications? A simple example is to use an Arduino Uno Rev 2 or a Rasberry Pi wireless to monitor your sensors. When a preset threshold is exceeded you have it do something. Using either device or another device you need internet connectivity through a wireless network. You will need to write some code. Also if the buzzer you mention is a piezo type device the signal to the buzzer may not necessarily be a DC signal. All depends on the buzzer.

However you connect to send your notification you will need to write some code or just buy a turn key solution. The link to the Arduino is merely an example. There is also a collection of ESP 32 and ESP 8266 devices which afford WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. You need to run your sensors into an interface device and when conditions you define in code are met you want it to "do something". You define the something. Google ESP 32 board or ESP 8266 board and you will get a few dozen hits on a board which sells for about $10 USD on Amazon or other retailers. The sensors need to interface with something. You choose the something.

Ron

Anuloo

Joined Jul 7, 2021
Detecting when a voltage exceeds a pre set level is just a matter of using a comparator circuit. Your PIR sensor is not a "smart" device so you need to make it smart. How do you want this to send you notifications? A simple example is to use an Arduino Uno Rev 2 or a Rasberry Pi wireless to monitor your sensors. When a preset threshold is exceeded you have it do something. Using either device or another device you need internet connectivity through a wireless network. You will need to write some code. Also if the buzzer you mention is a piezo type device the signal to the buzzer may not necessarily be a DC signal. All depends on the buzzer.

However you connect to send your notification you will need to write some code or just buy a turn key solution. The link to the Arduino is merely an example. There is also a collection of ESP 32 and ESP 8266 devices which afford WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. You need to run your sensors into an interface device and when conditions you define in code are met you want it to "do something". You define the something. Google ESP 32 board or ESP 8266 board and you will get a few dozen hits on a board which sells for about $10 USD on Amazon or other retailers. The sensors need to interface with something. You choose the something.

Ron
I understand your point
But if I already have a simple dice which originally sending sms if there was motion detected.

Is there a way to tap into that

Replacing the motion sensor with a piezo

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If the box that sends the message can be instructed to send the message with one button press then you are all set. That PIR motion sensor has relay contacts for an output, which is perfect. Just wire the relay contacts in parallel with the push button contacts. For the vibration sensor with the buzzer, if it really is an actual buzzer and not a piezo-electric sounder, just replace the buzzer with another small reed relay.Of course, you will need to know the voltage applied to the buzzer and get a relay that works on that voltage.

Anuloo

Joined Jul 7, 2021
If the box that sends the message can be instructed to send the message with one button press then you are all set. That PIR motion sensor has relay contacts for an output, which is perfect. Just wire the relay contacts in parallel with the push button contacts. For the vibration sensor with the buzzer, if it really is an actual buzzer and not a piezo-electric sounder, just replace the buzzer with another small reed relay.Of course, you will need to know the voltage applied to the buzzer and get a relay that works on that voltage.
When I measured the the piezo voltage

Got different reading
Arm the alarm was around 0.4 v
Disarm between 0.2. - 0.5
But when the alarm kicks in is over 1 v

Or shall find the way to take it apart and see what a hell in that circuit

Also how can you tell if is a buzzer or a piezo

Anuloo

Joined Jul 7, 2021
I have managed to take apart the piezo module.

I believe the only chip is readable is the EPROM 24c02sn
And the micro controller for transmission cmt2210ls
The long chip is blank can't figure out what is also I saw the vibration sensor it's a very crappy spring not even sense time enough.

Attachments

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
That little spring thing looks more like the antenna , which if it is wireless makes sense. And there is a whole lot of circuit there , so it is a bit more complex than the simple vibration sensors I have seen.

Anuloo

Joined Jul 7, 2021
That little spring thing looks more like the antenna , which if it is wireless makes sense. And there is a whole lot of circuit there , so it is a bit more complex than the simple vibration sensors I have seen.
I guess you are right as it has a fob to arm and disarm

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The board looks to have a 27.13827 MHz crystal on it. They must use some kind of frequency multiplication. You mentioned this board sends out a SMS Text message. How you you program in the SMS ( Short Message Service) function to send a message as in how do you enter a cellular number to send the notification to? Also a true SMS is limited to 160 alphanumeric characters. The 8 pin chip, CMT2210LS is a 433 MHz transceiver chip or maybe TX only in this case. Anyway I am not seeing where this board can send a SMS Text notification? The 433 MHz is common for relay boards and similar transceivers.

So again how do you set this board up to send notifications? You want to send Text or Email notifications correct?

I just saw your last post so now I am more confused? Apparently I am not understanding what exactly you are wanting to do? You have a FOB to arm and disarm the board which makes sense as to what the board looks like. So yes, using the fob you can remotely arm and disarm the board. You also mention:

I want to receive a text when the vibration sensor kicks in
So you want a notification on what?

Ron

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Once again, while it is probable that the linking can be done, it seems now very likely that with the information avaialble it will not be close to something we can advise about.

Anuloo

Joined Jul 7, 2021
The board looks to have a 27.13827 MHz crystal on it. They must use some kind of frequency multiplication. You mentioned this board sends out a SMS Text message. How you you program in the SMS ( Short Message Service) function to send a message as in how do you enter a cellular number to send the notification to? Also a true SMS is limited to 160 alphanumeric characters. The 8 pin chip, CMT2210LS is a 433 MHz transceiver chip or maybe TX only in this case. Anyway I am not seeing where this board can send a SMS Text notification? The 433 MHz is common for relay boards and similar transceivers.

So again how do you set this board up to send notifications? You want to send Text or Email notifications correct?

I just saw your last post so now I am more confused? Apparently I am not understanding what exactly you are wanting to do? You have a FOB to arm and disarm the board which makes sense as to what the board looks like. So yes, using the fob you can remotely arm and disarm the board. You also mention:

So you want a notification on what?

Ron
No this board is the vibration alarm only
If has a fob to arm and disarm only

The earlier message I posted the GSM pir alarm

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Yeah, I got that. So you have nothing to send a text to your phone, I covered that. When an alarm state exist you want a notification.
I have a pre made vibration sensor alarm I Ve also have a pir mini sim alarm

So my great idea or stupid is to combine the 2.
Each sensor has an output and when a certain condition is met you want a notification. The remote fob has nothing to do with it. Neither sensor is going to send you a notification be it a text or email. I told you how to go about that. You have two sensors and if both sensor conditions are true you want something to happen. Yes, it can be done and yes it can be done easily. You can either buy an over the counter turn key solution or write some code for a device like I mentioned. You combine the two sensors outputs such as If A = 1 and B = 1 Then Do Something and something is whatever you want it to be.

Ron