Colpitts oscillator parameters

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I was just experimenting by replacing capacitors and inductors and the frequency continue being the same.
Well one of the reasons i asked was because if you change a 100uH inductor with another 100uH inductor you wont see any change.
Also, if you change them such that the capacitors and the inductor results in the same frequency, you also wont see a change.
That's why it is important to know what components you are changing, and from what values to what other values, and hopefully your measurements too.

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
How did you assemble this mechanically? It's possible you have an unintended feedback path that is bypassing the intended components.

Antsy electron

Joined Dec 27, 2022
Well one of the reasons i asked was because if you change a 100uH inductor with another 100uH inductor you wont see any change.
Also, if you change them such that the capacitors and the inductor results in the same frequency, you also wont see a change.
That's why it is important to know what components you are changing, and from what values to what other values, and hopefully your measurements too.
I replaced different capacitors values.