Clubbing ultrasonic and sonar sensor together

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Ishan Jain, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Ishan Jain

Thread Starter Member

Nov 12, 2016
    I am trying to club both ultrasonic and sonar sensor in same housing. If there is an object in range, will both the sensors interfere with each other leading to disturbance in outputs or not? If yes how can I avoid the interference of sound signals of both the sensors.

Thank you.

2. RichardO

Late Member

May 4, 2013
    I don't understand what you have in mind. Can you give us some sketches of both your mechanical and electronics ideas of what you want to do?

3. philba

Aug 17, 2017
    And, give us the actual part numbers of your two sensors. By the way, the word "club" is probably not a good translation. I'd guess you mean "mount".

4. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012

They likely will interfere but you can send 5 pulses from one sensor, wait for the echo, then 5 wavelengths from the other and wait for the echo.

Or, option 2, you can add filters if your frequencies are far enough apart, and you have access to control the gain on the receiving amplifiers, then you can run big at the same time.

5. Ishan Jain

Thread Starter Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Thank you for your suggestions guys. But I have dropped the idea of mounting them together as the application requires only sonars. I tried MB1240 XL- MaxSonar sensor but it doesn't have a good field of view.

Can you please suggest me some sonars with higher FOV as I have to mount them on the side of my car.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017