Clock fail detection circuit

ashu123

Joined May 30, 2015
Can anybody help me design a clock fail detection cicuits without using delay lines.
I came across the attached circuit which can detect the clock failure of a high frequency clock used as clock1 with the help of a good low frequency clock named clock2.
My doubt is whether i can detect the failure of the low frequency clock with the help of a good high frequency clock?
I have attached waveform of the below circuit and my requirement is the reverse.
Pls help

Attachments

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
are you constrained in any manner on your design?

If you are not, search for Application Note 170 from Phillips Semiconductors. The 555 timer can be a missing pulse detector.

ashu123

Joined May 30, 2015
I am planning to use this along with adpll. So my input frequency(clock1) can vary between 61khz to 43Mhz and clock2 is 250mhz.
Also i dont want to use a frequency divider to divide the 250mhz because to match with my input i may need large dividers.

ashu123

Joined May 30, 2015
are you constrained in any manner on your design?

If you are not, search for Application Note 170 from Phillips Semiconductors. The 555 timer can be a missing pulse detector.

I am planning to use this along with adpll. So my input frequency(clock1) can vary between 61khz to 43Mhz and clock2 is 250mhz.
Also i dont want to use a frequency divider to divide the 250mhz because to match with my input i may need large dividers. I need to code the design in verilog hdl