Cleaning up finding interesting things and organizing

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Recently purchased this great organizer for component storage: I will be getting more of them... little light but very usable
1586973746579.png
While organizing I keep running into old component and weigh whether they are kept or tossed:

What use is this and it's complement: BSS123 N Channel - this thing has horrible Rds - I have plenty that are about 10 or 20 mΩ

0.17 A, 100 V
 RDS(ON) = 6 Ω @ VGS = 10 V
 RDS(ON) = 10 Ω @ VGS = 4.5 V

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Recently purchased this great organizer for component storage: I will be getting more of them... little light but very usable
Excellent! That's how I solved my component storage problems too, along with getting some tubs for larger items:

GOPR0087.JPG

What use is this and it's complement: BSS123 N Channel - this thing has horrible Rds - I have plenty that are about 10 or 20 mΩ
I wouldn't toss them; small-signal MOSFETs like this (and the 2N7000, of which I have a bunch) have their uses. They're sort of like 2N3904's, but in MOSFET form.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I love those organizers except for the tray dividers being cast into the backplane of them. Haven't tried removing any yet so we will have to see.
BSS123 doesn't seem to have a P complimentary.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
it's paired in my old digikey bag with BSS84ZXCT-ND

Who knows when I want a mosfet with 10Ω Rds... lol... I'll hang onto them, I have 3,000 each AO3400 and 3401 coming for me these are my new go to's for logic switching. They will be replacing my Si23xx once I'm through them.

Ooh I just found a bunch of different 4xxx chips... this might get funner

@SamR I don't use dividers. I'll just get more units eventually.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Their drawers are small so they fill up fast. I also have one with the larger drawers on the bottom and they fill up pretty fast as well.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Most of the drawers will be just for breadboarding supplies and prototyping. I have reels since most of my stuff is SMD so I will have to figure that part out... currently they sit in boxes on their side.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Being in lockdown has its bonuses.

Firstly, the exercise bike comes out of the basement to the TV room.
exercise_bike.jpg

Next, have to get the 3D printer to make a water bottle holder for the bike.
cup_holder.jpg

While that's going to take 7 hours to print, it's time to clean up the workbench.
workshop.jpg

SMD parts don't fit in the small parts drawer. They go in flat boxes.
All parts are being cataloged on the computer.
SMD_storage.jpg

Larger items go in plastic shoe boxes, $1 each on sale.

storage.jpg

Thanks to sheltering in place.
:D

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
I have 1 of the drawer type units, most of it is from salved parts years ago, 1 of these days I need to sort it out, and wash the thing.

These days I use shoe-boxes, which reminds I should get some new boxes, they weaken pretty easy when lifted 1 handed

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You should've softened the corner between the vertical and horizontal supports with a radii. That thing runs the risk of cracking at that joint, especially considering the vehicle's vibration.
Yeah. After printing I thought I should have added a couple of braces between the two.
Besides, I made the diameter of the ring too small. I had intended to have the bottle rest on its bottom.
There is a second screw which you cannot see under the joint. I had to raise the holder in order to access that screw hole.
Oh well, there is always version 2.0.