Cleaning ORING Mosfets from spikes , inrush current

globalone

Joined May 27, 2013
I am trying to build an ORING circuit using only mosfets to have the lowest power loss from input supply till output voltage.

My aim is to have a fast switching in real nano seconds. BY adding extra capacitance , the circuit will have an extra delay within few microseconds.

I require fast switching that should be able to handle at least 5 Amps up to 10 Amps ( Minimum input voltage = 10.5 VDC , Maximum input voltage = 30 VDC) without inrush current or spikes to avoid burning mosfets or any component.

My questions:

1- Am i protecting all mosfets in case of Over voltage according to the attached circuit .?

2- Is it safe to place an inductor "L1" at the output line and what should be the value of it ?.

3- Is it safe to use R5 and R4 (voltage divider) as an example with a value of 200 or 100 ohms (fast speed is required).

4- Is it normal to install LED diode between M1 and M2 to show that the output is connected to this power supply ?.

5- Is there another idea better than my circuit to have an oring power supplies with the lowest power loss possible and with the lowest inrush current or voltage spikes?.

What is your recommendation?.

Gate_1 problem:

Gate_2 problem:

Gate_3:

Gate_4 problem:

Output after "L2" inductor:

How can i fix these problems ?.

I hope someone would help and i really appreciate your help.

globalone

Joined May 27, 2013
Is there any other way without using an IC .. I would like to eleminate the spikes .. I have made another circuit with comparators , and I kept M2 & M4 always OFF which is acting as a diode . It decreased the problem , but i would prefer solving M2 & M4 circuit and eleminate the spikes without adding huge capacitance.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
You don't need nanosecond (or even microsecond) switching, since the output has a long time-constant LC filter.
Why are you so concerned about fast switching?

globalone

Joined May 27, 2013
Yes , the circuit should work properly , but i am afraid of loosing "M2" and "M4" . It seems that while M2 or M4 is switching On .. A voltage changes from +27 VDC to -5 VDC .

Would you like to see my LTSPICE simulation file ?

Attachments