DEar all, just to ask for some advice. I am currently designing a class ab amp , to drive a 50 w speaker. I am using an 0-100v dc supply capable of supplying 10 amp. I already have done the va stages getting a p to p of 60 v . everything is fine with that . The severe problem i have is the darlington bjt complimentary pair. Every thing seems fine using a 1k resistor as load but as i try to drive an 8 ohm speaker everthing blows up
since i am using a single voltage rail I am having a 50 v beetween the emitters and i am coupling the transistors to the speaker by a 1000uf cap. as for X over distortion I have used 4 diodes in series .
Could some maybe help me solve my problem please. I tried using tip 137 and 132 . they should be able to handle the power.
attached please find the final stage.
Thanks in advance alistair
Could some maybe help me solve my problem please. I tried using tip 137 and 132 . they should be able to handle the power.
attached please find the final stage.
Thanks in advance alistair
Attachments
-
32.3 KB Views: 317
Last edited: