Circuit with binary counters and a quartz oscillator to make a light illuminate at 1Hz not working

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
A 1Hz clock can be had from gutting any 1.5v battery desk or wall clock. These oscillators all generate two 0.5Hz pulses to alternatively drive the motor coil. By diode ORing these pulses you get 1Hz pulses. The internal circuit is an IC under an epoxy blob. Some are on an open frame and others are on PCBs. I've found that the outputs are either positive pulses or negative pulses. This is shown in the attaches schematics. Also a couple examples of the circuit mountings.

1 Second Clock.gifWallClockCkt.jpgDSC02039.JPG

Joined Nov 6, 2020
Thanks for the responses. I made a 1 Hz circuit that is mostly working based on this video:

The only issue is that when I connect the battery, the light flashes several times per second for a few seconds, then it lights up at 1 Hz from then on.

I'll look into the ASDK2-32.768KHZ-LR-T3.

Joined Nov 6, 2020
How about posting a schematic of your circuit?
It's the same as the one in the Youtube link, except I used 200K Ohms where the author of the video used 330K (using two 100K resistors because that is what I had), and I used a 9 Volt battery instead of 5 Volts. I included a time mark in the link so it starts right where the schematic is displayed. Just push pause right after play to keep it on screen.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
My apologies to the TS. I’m not directly commenting on his post, but generally about an error often made.

I’m using this schematic that I found. It’s the same but I changed (several things). It doesn’t work.

Now I wonder why?