Circuit tripper or circuit breaker

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Here is an alternative way using the relay as a latch. (The CD4013 is still a good solution.)
040121.jpg
This is for the logic as you describe it but the level 6 signal will always be asserted when the level is above sensor 6 so the pump would never be on. You need the absence of the level 6 signal to switch off the pump. To do this with the above schematic remove Q3 and feed the level 6 signal into the base of Q1. (Via a resistor.) Diode D1 is to prevent the transistor that I forgot to number from trying to drive the pump before the relay contacts close.

Les.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Note that since the CD4013 is a dual FF integrated circuit of CMOS technology, all of the unused inputs must be tied to the power supply common, pin#7, to avoid undesirable operation.

Berzin

Joined Dec 17, 2020
Here is an alternative way using the relay as a latch. (The CD4013 is still a good solution.)
View attachment 226712
This is for the logic as you describe it but the level 6 signal will always be asserted when the level is above sensor 6 so the pump would never be on. You need the absence of the level 6 signal to switch off the pump. To do this with the above schematic remove Q3 and feed the level 6 signal into the base of Q1. (Via a resistor.) Diode D1 is to prevent the transistor that I forgot to number from trying to drive the pump before the relay contacts close.

Les.
Thank you so much for your help and support and I will surely apply this design

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, given that we do not know anything about the process or the liquid, or the physical size of the system, there may be no room for a float, and also the electronic system is already in process. And the TS wants to switch things off when the level gets too low. The signal from the LEDs can certainly give that information. Also, implementing a reliable float switch installation for a tank is not a small task.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
OK, given that we do not know anything about the process or the liquid, or the physical size of the system, there may be no room for a float, and also the electronic system is already in process. And the TS wants to switch things off when the level gets too low. The signal from the LEDs can certainly give that information. Also, implementing a reliable float switch installation for a tank is not a small task.
Oh? Yet again I have to bow to your superior knowledge and reading skills.
e actually I am making a water level senor which is of 6 leds and rest other senors of other ics of the pcb are Palerrel connected to each other but my main brain ic is my water level sensor as everything is depends on it so I am trying do such that when the water reachs to the last 6th leds from down I want to trip the current so the pcb turns off and and when it reachs 5th led the pcb turns on as I am trying to draw a line for usage on the 6th and this whole uses totally 12 volts so please help me out
So mr.bill you think a homemade water sensor is going to work better than a float, a small chian or string and a micro/limit switch? You are an amazing man bill, here's your sign.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Oh? Yet again I have to bow to your superior knowledge and reading skills.

So mr.bill you think a homemade water sensor is going to work better than a float, a small chian or string and a micro/limit switch? You are an amazing man bill, here's your sign.
Since we have no hin about the size at all, how can you be so certain that there will be room for the float and chain, how can you know that they will not get in the way of the process, and how can you believe that a home made collection of moving parts and pieces will be more reliable that what the TS has said he has working???
And why are you constantly throwing stones??? I am not aware of what I have said that has pushed you to such a stream of nasty remarks.

Berzin

Joined Dec 17, 2020
Unless this is some sort of school project, wouldn't a float switch be a better choice than a purely electronic one?
There is no room in the tank for a moving kr floating switch as the tank is very small almost 2inch flat as there are many other process which are with the tank hence the tank is so small

Berzin

Joined Dec 17, 2020
View attachment 226712

Les.
Thank you for your support but can you explain me how to use 4013 in this case

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
On the assumption that the signal from the level detectors goes high when the water is detected by the sensors.
Connect the level 5 sensor output to the set input of one of the flipflops in the 4013. connect in inverted version of the level 6 sensor output to the reset input of the flipflop. connect the D input and the clock inputs to ground. As you will not be using the other flipflop connect the set, reset, clock and D inputs to ground. (You should never leave unused inputs on cmos devices floating.) The drive capability of the 4000 series is quite low you will need to use a logic level mosfet of suitable rating to drive your relay. You will use the Q output of the flipflop to drive the mosfet. Don't forget to put a diode arross the relay coil to suppress the back emf.

Les.