Circuit Board Issue for Kid's Ride-on Electric Car

painvestor78

Joined Nov 30, 2015
Alec - thanks for the clarification! Now I get it and see the three dry joints that Dave was referring to in the picture (the three ones directly below the word "Joints" in the picture he labeled). This seems like it should be pretty straightforward.

painvestor78

Joined Nov 30, 2015
Update: Success! Applying the hot glue was the easiest part, soldering wasn't tough but was a bit tricky since all of the wires were attached to the circuit board and there wasn't much room to turn it around and get it relatively level. First I soldered the three dry joints corresponding to the heat sink. Then I reconnected the car's battery and the car would still not turn on (ugh). I then noticed that if I moved a white piece very close to the heat sink slightly, it sounded like the car wanted to start. I looked at that joint and it too was dry. After re-soldering that piece as well, I turned the key and the car turned on, no problem. Ten minutes later after putting the car back together, it was ready for action. My daughter spent half an hour today driving around our house :) Thanks everyone!

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Update: Success! Applying the hot glue was the easiest part, soldering wasn't tough but was a bit tricky since all of the wires were attached to the circuit board and there wasn't much room to turn it around and get it relatively level. First I soldered the three dry joints corresponding to the heat sink. Then I reconnected the car's battery and the car would still not turn on (ugh). I then noticed that if I moved a white piece very close to the heat sink slightly, it sounded like the car wanted to start. I looked at that joint and it too was dry. After re-soldering that piece as well, I turned the key and the car turned on, no problem. Ten minutes later after putting the car back together, it was ready for action. My daughter spent half an hour today driving around our house :) Thanks everyone!
Thank you for sharing the outcome. Excellent work!