Christmas mini LED lights...make them solid, and non-blinking.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Rollout, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Rollout

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 6, 2017
    This question is similar to an earlier post, but with a different circuit board...Hopefully someone will have the time to break it down for me. I bought a set of LED green Christmas lights that I'm using for decoration, and they have a sequencer with a button that cycles through preset blink modes.. of course the "steady on" one is last.. so every time I plug them in, I have to cycle through to the last one. I simply want them to go on and stay on when plugged in.. T his version of the controller, there's two wires going in to supply 120v AC, and 3 leaving the board. Thanks ahead of time... Circuit-back.jpg circuit-front.jpg g the sequencer.. any help?

2. panic mode

Oct 10, 2011
    just short transistor C-E junctions.... done.jpg

3. Rollout

Oct 6, 2017
    Sorry, bit of a nooobe here...can you please explain in a bit more detail? "just short transistor C-E junctions" Is that the Common-emitter junction? I take it it is the two leads coming off the flat side of the transistor?

4. Dodgydave

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 22, 2012
    Yes short out the Collector and Emmiters of the transistors, or unsolder the Cathode wires of the leds and resolder them to the Negative side of the capacitor. ( marked in a blue circle)

5. panic mode

Oct 10, 2011
    external wores don't seem to be coded in any way. i would avoid moving them unless you are sure you will never want to use this as blinker again.

if you ask me, just connect two places marked by green lines done_2.jpg

Tonyr1084 likes this.
  6. Rollout

Oct 6, 2017
    Perfect...thanks for the map and suggestion. What do you think of instead of using plain wire to short the two posts...instead using a diode? That has been suggested as an alternate to blob of solder...or straight wire?

7. panic mode

Oct 10, 2011
    use plain wire or solder blob. did someone mentioned diode?

8. Tonyr1084

Sep 24, 2015
    HMMmmmmm. Looks like I wasn't the only one who had the notion to redraw the circuit.

Circuit fliped and pop\'d.jpg