Chinese twin relay remote control board

britech

Joined Aug 5, 2022
Hi. Does anyone know how to wire this Chinese twin relay board to forward reverse a 12v dc motor. Looking at the connections it doesnt seem to be possible . It came with no diagram just an explanation of how to program the remote. Which l have done.I can't get an answer from the supplier.
Cheers

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
If you added a DPDT relay, you could use the board's relay to choose direction and the external relay to change it. One direction would be "normal", and the other would be the alternate when the remote's relay is on.

The circuit is simple.
1661082093405.png

britech

Joined Aug 5, 2022
Thanks for your reply. Will give it a try. Just a bit annoying that the unit is not fit for purpose without the addition of further components. Thanks again for your time
Britech.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Thanks for your reply. Will give it a try. Just a bit annoying that the unit is not fit for purpose without the addition of further components. Thanks again for your time
Britech.
If you can get changeover relays to fit on the board it will do, otherwise send it back for a replacement or refund..

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Just a bit annoying that the unit is not fit for purpose without the addition of further components.
Why the annoyance?
Did you get it for that purpose?
Success is problematic when you buy a device without knowing how it will be used. :rolleyes:

I have a similar remote-control board containing two SPDT relays connected in an H-bridge configuration to a motor driven TV lift stand which raises and lowers the TV in a cabinet (the original control board failed).
When the relays are unenergized, the motor is off.
Energizing one relay causes the motor to rotate in one direction.
Energizing the other relay causes the motor to rotate in the other direction.
(Energizing both relays also stops the motor, of course).

It also has inputs for two limit switches (not shown below) to de-energize the relay and stop the motor at each end of the movement.

Here is the board I used.

If that would work for you, here are the relay connections:
The bridge diodes protect the relay contacts from the motor inductive turn-off spike.
1661289668972.png

Last edited: