China's past, could become our future.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
China Opium Wars

The history with opium also has led China to adopt a particularly harsh anti-narcotics policy with the death penalty applicable even to mid-level traffickers. Drug-trafficking and organized crime remain a problem, however. The explosion of celebrity culture in China has also led to punitive crackdowns on those caught partaking in “decadent lifestyles,” leading to prominent campaigns of public shaming.
Are drug lords becoming rich beyond belief, who are the new drug lords in America? It's sad, when your own Government or those in power do little to stop or prevent egregious attempts to profit from those in the lower to middle class, drug companies with designer drugs fail to see how they add to the problem without any responsibility to it.

Someone is making money I just want to know if it's just everyone for themselves? Actually, I think thats whats happening.

History can repeat, is China faced with another drug war and how will they stop it.

kv

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
MOD NOTE: This thread has already been reported as having a very high likelihood of becoming unacceptably political. Please, everyone, try to prove those concerned wrong. Otherwise this thread will not be around long.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Kilivolt Just being totally honest I admit 2 being the one who reported thread. So like I said in report I don't think u intend it 2b political I just worried it could go that way! So now maybe with @WBahn's warning and your acknowledgment ppl will behave:cool: Cuz like u say it's vry interesting and timely topic if ppl can just keep partizan bickering out of it:)!

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Kilivolt Just being totally honest I admit 2 being the one who reported thread. So like I said in report I don't think u intend it 2b political I just worried it could go that way! So now maybe with @WBahn's warning and your acknowledgment ppl will behave:cool: Cuz like u say it's vry interesting and timely topic if ppl can just keep partizan bickering out of it:)!
Thank you for your response. I have always had such a quandary about this and how many people who teach history don't reflect more about the players, who are they? what is it about? and where does it end up. Money changing hands for the rich that can fold it to their advantage.

I believe it's cyclical, those in power play their hand at a table only for the rich. They play their hand, as if "against" someone, when in reality it's all about dealing to your partner in crime against humanity.

kv

Edit: This is my 2 post prediction.

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Thank you for your response. I have always had such a quandary about this and how many people who teach history don't reflect more about the players, who are they? what is it about? and where does it end up. Money changing hands for the rich that can fold it to their advantage.

I believe it's cyclical, those in power play their hand at a table only for the rich. They play their hand, as if "against" someone, when in reality it's all about dealing to your partner in crime against humanity.

kv

Edit: This is my 2 post prediction.
There are at least two possible reactions to the problem:
  1. The law enforcement reaction, which gives the non-affected population a warm fuzzy feeling, but is stunningly ineffective at dealing with the problem.
  2. The medical reaction, which gives the affected population the support they need to kick the habit, but drives the non-affected population to distraction.
In a society that cares about the least fortunate option #2 is the more effective approach. In the rugged individualist, every man for himself society, option #1 is the only one that seems to have any traction.

There are extreme examples of both approaches around the world. We should look at the evidence and make a determination of how we want to approach our fellow citizens.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
History can repeat, is China faced with another drug war and how will they stop it.

The historical opium war wasn't actually caused by the Chinese people. It like American slavery was backed by another country, Great Britain. I don't think that is what is happening today though.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Thing about it is when I was growing up Alcohol and Marijuana was the only thing I remember people using to get high. But, nowadays I see people go straight into hard core drugs like Heroin.

I could have paid my car off with the amount of money my son stole from me, then the amount of money it required to rehab him, although he's been straight for 10 years it was a huge burden, I thought raising him to Adulthood was difficult but as @Papabravo said we need to look hard at the approach.

I can honestly say I felt he would die, I asked him what he wanted and the look he gave me was he was scared but did know how to up end his situation.

With China and India becoming global economic players I see a population income increase, will the Chinese kill all the elites children in the country when they don't comply to the current laws? Communist are not to be messed with.

The historical opium war wasn't actually caused by the Chinese people. It like American slavery was backed by another country, Great Britain. I don't think that is what is happening today though.
Right, but it's the problem with people and consumption, it's easy to say if no one in the country was using drugs there would be no problem. With slavery you had traders willing to sell another person without regard to human life, to them they weren't human, so it was like selling a cow or a horse.

With the ability to have so much information at our finger tips as well as an Education system, it boggles my mind that drug addiction is so prevalent, I can see someone who is in pain and is given drugs that can lead to addiction, but people choose death over life, when they choose to use these life threatening drugs, it's why it's cheaper for the Chinese Gov to put a bullet in their head then leave them on a curb for the family to pickup.

kv

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
The opioid crisis in the US is because doctors were ordered to treat pain in any way possible.

You would think that you would never get addicted but guess what...Here we are. :(

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
The opioid crisis in the US is because doctors were ordered to treat pain in any way possible.

You would think that you would never get addicted but guess what...Here we are. :(
There are people making money selling prescription drugs on the street, my son became addicted when these drugs sold by people who still complain of pain but can triple the cost of the prescription in profit. Then there is the bogus Dr's who still have a license that allow people to come in without pain, writing prescriptions to be sold on the street, it's rancid abuse and no one gives to shits because it's not in their house. :(

kv

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
There are people making money selling prescription drugs on the street, my son became addicted when these drugs sold by people who still complain of pain but can triple the cost of the prescription in profit. Then there is the bogus Dr's who still have a license that allow people to come in without pain, writing prescriptions to be sold on the street, it's rancid abuse and no one gives to shits because it's not in their house. :(

kv
So sorry to hear that:( We don't have Heroin here to speak of but morphine and other opiods are being abused. All of those in circulation are prescription drugs. :(