Cheap source of propellers for small DC motors?

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
For a long time now, I've wanted to get some propellers to use for small electronics projects, but I've not been able to find them at any local stores. There are plenty of websites that sell propellers for RC planes, but I need ones that would fit on a standard DC motor shaft.

Basically, I need a propeller that can be used for a project similar to this Instructable (a two-bladed one might also work). Can anyone suggest a website that offers what I want at a good price? Free shipping would also be nice, although it's usually only for orders greater than a certain amount.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
What is a 'Standard DC Motor Shaft'?
If you don't have a local RC supplier you could try ebay, props usually come with different hole adaptors, and you can also drill one out to suit an actual size.
Max.

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
You could make one yourself they are not rocket science unless you want to implement Feathering and Prop. pitch. :D

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
What is a 'Standard DC Motor Shaft'?
If you don't have a local RC supplier you could try ebay, props usually come with different hole adaptors, and you can also drill one out to suit an actual size.
Max.
@MaxHeadRoom: I just meant a small DC motor like the one used in the Instructable I linked to.

You could make one yourself they are not rocket science unless you want to implement Feathering and Prop. pitch. :D
@ISB123: Sorry, that wouldn't work.

@Kermit2: Thanks, that's the sort of thing I was looking for. I'll have to check it out.

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You want to look for RC quad-copter props, you can get 8 on ebay for $5.00.
Most of the small dia go down to anything you might have on a small DC motor.
Max.