Cheap PCB assembly services

fborot

Joined Feb 1, 2018
Can anybody recommend a cheap pcb assembly service/company? For small batch prototypes, later on if things go well then to order large quantities for such boards.
Circuit is simple but contains some hard to solder parts and even harder to make pcb at home, (fine pitch parts, smd solderig etc)
Thank you

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I have used Itead Studio, PCBway, DirtyPCB's, Seeed, all gave good results.
Now many have stopped using China Post and only have the DHL option etc, so the extra cost may come in shipping, if you need them delivered expedited.
Max.

fborot

Joined Feb 1, 2018
I have used Itead Studio, PCBway, DirtyPCB's, Seeed, all gave good results.
Now many have stopped using China Post and only have the DHL option etc, so the extra cost may come in shipping, if you need them delivered expedited.
Max.
thank you, can you provide ball park prices or examples of past orders in order to have an idea of cost?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Most have a standing fee of around $5 for 10 boards 100mm x 100mm
Any other size you need to enter the values in the on screen menu and they usually give you the quote right there.
Max.

fborot

Joined Feb 1, 2018
hmm, I don think we are talking about the same thing here.. too cheap, I mean pcb assembly, soldering the parts not just make the pcb itself

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
The only time I've done this was with ALLPCB. I was very happy with the service. It took about 3 weeks from placing order to receiving finished parts (delivery to USA.)

Boards were 38x40mm, two copper layers, but only silkscreen on top side. I provided BOM, but they sourced all the parts, so there wasn't anything tricky in terms of logistics. We paid $369 for 10 boards, with $140 of that being component costs. Even after their markup, the component cost they charged me was better than I could've done through Digikey, Mouser, etc. So, ignoring the specifics of what parts we needed, the rest of their charges were $259, or $25.90 per board.

I have no idea how the other Chinese vendors compare for small runs like this, but I was really happy - the only other time I needed prototypes of a board, it was nearly $2000 through our local assembly house with their sourcing and markups. So, getting below $400 was a massive savings!

As Max said, try getting quotes from some places - a lot will depend on the specifics of your design.

I use ALLPCB. I'm happy with it. I usually order the bare boards. Once I ordered the assembly, but I found it expensive. If you give them the BOM List, they claim to get original parts and that's why they charge a little bit more than parts on Digikey and Mouser.

IamJatinah

Joined Oct 22, 2014
Hi There, depending on styles, populations, batch-sizes, there is another place you can call or look up called circuitboardrepair.net for small run board builds. Depending on variables, stuffed, soldered, shell, tested, BOM provided etc. Source only customer-compliant parts, also from US Distributors only. Good Luck.

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
For a prototype the cost is a lot. It will be better to order from some company as an individual, but then you do not get the same "safety" of personal data and the prototype itself.

bibolumia

Joined May 14, 2020
NEXTPCB, I have tried their $0 for PCB prototyping, and they are cheap, fast and in nice quality, you should have a try! recently they launch< mod: link deleted> it's a good opportunity, do not miss it!