Cheap electric vehicle DIY, all terrain

sciencetoolbar

Joined Apr 9, 2017
Looking for an inexpensive electric scooter suitable for all terrain, I decided to build one...... :)
The secret formula is : an electric skateboard + the front of a kick scooter = inexpensive electric vehicle on 3 wheels (534 euro )
Lets see some results and some tests :
VIDEO 1 heavy road :
Video 2 mountain village :
Video 3 dusty road :
Video 4 how it looks :

All terrain.jpg Skateboard's front wheels were removed (SYL 08 ) and replaced with the front of a kick scooter (Razor A 5 air ) resulting an excellent off-road scooter. Don't worry it is a simple project ! Results : An off road scooter with a large platform , stable, powerful, fast, folding and affordable ( comparing with an off-road scooter with the same power ).

What do you think so far ?

I am think to build a platform on two wheels with some flexible panels ot top of it .....

Last edited:

Richardash

Joined Mar 1, 2022
I've used these skateboard conversion kit wheels to build 2 different electric skateboards from my old skateboard. I normally use a belt out rig setup due to steep mtns here in blue ridge but these hub motors push me up any incline and are faster than my 1500w belt duals. I want to put another on the front for 4 drive. :)