Chat?

Nirvana

Joined Jan 18, 2005
Hi i was just thinking that it might be a good idea to set up some kind of Chat frum on this website so people can talk in real time, gatting their problems answered much quicker.

Thanks For Listening

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by Nirvana@May 24 2005, 04:59 PM
Hi i was just thinking that it might be a good idea to set up some kind of Chat frum on this website so people can talk in real time, gatting their problems answered much quicker.
Thanks For Listening
[post=7911]Quoted post[/post]​
hi,

are we not doing it already? it happens when both are online.
:p

Firestorm

Joined Jan 24, 2005
Hey moz,
That is not the chat I think he is mentioning. Other forums out there using IPB have a so called "chat". Basically it is like instant messenger where you log into the chat(must have a username for the forum) and you can talk back and forth quickly with as many people that log on. If 2 groups of projects are being chated about in the same window you can open up another chat room to discuss the diff matter. It works great is you have a project with a lot of confusion but it is sometimes had to meet up with people in chat. Shouldn't be that hard of a problem with the traffic this forum has regularly. A site that has one is www.jonathanselectronics.com but you have to register to use it.
thx l8er

-fire

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by Firestorm@May 25 2005, 07:20 AM
Hey moz,
That is not the chat I think he is mentioning. Other forums out there using IPB have a so called "chat". Basically it is like instant messenger where you log into the chat(must have a username for the forum) and you can talk back and forth quickly with as many people that log on. If 2 groups of projects are being chated about in the same window you can open up another chat room to discuss the diff matter. It works great is you have a project with a lot of confusion but it is sometimes had to meet up with people in chat. Shouldn't be that hard of a problem with the traffic this forum has regularly. A site that has one is www.jonathanselectronics.com but you have to register to use it.
thx l8er

-fire
[post=7925]Quoted post[/post]​
hi

i know what he was inferring to. but then you can't chat with the person whom you want if he's not on line. right? we are doing it here although slow in process.
:D

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by Firestorm@May 28 2005, 05:42 PM
lol yep :), I figure if you need to chat though, just use msn or aim or yahoo :D
[post=8019]Quoted post[/post]​
I would second that. If you wish to talk real time with people on this forum then exchange your MSN or Yahoo IDs and chat over those networks.

One of the main features of forums is that they are "open-house" where everyone can read the topic and reply with their own response. Chat features take away this capabilty.

Dave