Charging hours for battery capacity 3000mah.?

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, all, the mobile is samsung galaxy m01 core India Make
Input 100-240V 50-60 hzoutput 5 v 0.7 Ampere Made in India

is there any near formula , how to calculate the charging hours .

Yesterday, the charging was too slow, 1st hour 29 percent, 2nd hour 55 percent, next 30 minutes 67 percent.

I have disabled mobile data wifi etc while charging. is the battery weak. it is newly purchased mobile 8.11.2021

Would somebody reply

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Assuming 3000mAh, and assuming it needs a full recharge, we estimate 4000mAh over 10 hours,

This works out to approx. :
0.4A for 10 hours
0.5A for 8 hours
0.7A for 6 hours

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi, all, the mobile is samsung galaxy m01 core India Make
Input 100-240V 50-60 hzoutput 5 v 0.7 Ampere Made in India

is there any near formula , how to calculate the charging hours .

Yesterday, the charging was too slow, 1st hour 29 percent, 2nd hour 55 percent, next 30 minutes 67 percent.

I have disabled mobile data wifi etc while charging. is the battery weak. it is newly purchased mobile 8.11.2021

Would somebody reply
No. It depends on the battery chemistry and the charging algorithm. It may not be linear or even predictable since many factors may come into play including temperature, state of charge, and number of charge/discharge cycles. Some batteries have multiple charging regimes where they employ different values of voltage and/or current for specific times or until certain conditions are met.

If you want to learn more, you could instrument the phone charger system and continuously record the voltage and current readings over several charge/discharge cycles. This will give you the information you seek to develop an empirical model for the phone/charger system.

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, Started the thread after connecting the charger at 6.25 am. I have already given the hour wise percentage. The battery got 100 percent at exactly 10.00 am. It is taking 3 and 1/2 hours to charge to full. Is it normal? I do not think so. The correct time should be more than 2 and less than 2.30 hours in any normal charger using phones.
Is there a formula to check is the query

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi, Started the thread after connecting the charger at 6.25 am. I have already given the hour wise percentage. The battery got 100 percent at exactly 10.00 am. It is taking 3 and 1/2 hours to charge to full. Is it normal? I do not think so. The correct time should be more than 2 and less than 2.30 hours in any normal charger using phones.
Is there a formula to check is the query
What makes you think you know the correct charging time? You only measured the time, but not the voltage and current so you have no clue about the charging algorithm. You also did not mention the battery chemistry.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Are You subtracting the Current it takes to keep the Phone turned-On and running during Charging ?

Your Charger is kinda wimpy at only 700ma, try a charger with a stout ~2000ma capacity, they're common.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
An ideal battery of 3000mAh capacity charging at a constant 700mA would theoretically take 3000/700 = 4.29 hours for a full charge from dead flat. So your 55% state of charge in 2 hours looks about right, especially given that your battery is not ideal, it was not dead flat to start with, the charge rate was not constant and your phone was active (albeit not for data) during charge.

k1ng 1337

Joined Sep 11, 2020
There are apps available where it shows charge and discharge current as well as basic data on battery health and voltage.

They are not very accurate but can help diagnose if it's the battery, cord or charger.

I've had several USB cords and wall bricks charge very slowly. Usually it was from wires being frayed. One cord I kept in my car for emergency would take an hour to charge a few percent.