charging batteries with wind generators

hamnaz

Joined Feb 9, 2012
Hello All

Pls advice me, i have 2 wind generators one is 12v ( 1000watt) 2nd is 24v (1000watt), when i buy these its specification i got on paper
i tested these on with car engine starting, at car engine starts, and engine running at idle speed 1000rpm, and same both generators running at 1000 rpm speed,
what is shock for me is , 12v generator output 60v dc, and 24v generator output 132 vdc without putting load on it, i want use my batteries to charge, and afraid to plug batteries wire due see high volt, pls advice, if i plug batteries wire, is it make battery demage ? or i need to use some device for mange volt, from 60vdc to 12vdc ?
waiting your earliest reply

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I think ONE THOUSAND rpm may be just a little to fast for a generator designed to work with common wind speeds. Remember. If you are getting the RPM reading from the car motor, you are NOT getting the number of revolutions the different belts and pulleys on the car are turning. You could be running these much faster than the RPM dial says. Pulley ratios can double and triple the speed easily.

russpatterson

Joined Feb 1, 2010
I would think that, if your batteries can handle maximum current output of your generator, that the voltage would collapse to that of the battery once the battery load is connected.