Changing forum software from vBulletin to Xenforo

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Is it possible to bring back the Todays Posts and just grey them out when read instead of deleting them off the list, instead of the New Posts as it is now?
Max.

NorthGuy

Joined Jun 28, 2014
I looked up pricing schemes for XenForo and vBulletin, and it looks like vBulletin is one time $250 fee, but XenForo is $140 per year, so vBulletin is, sort of, less expensive. Am I missing something?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Nothing shows up in Watched Threads?
If I post in a thread the only option I get at the top is Unwatch Thread in spite of it not showing up?
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Yes but the ones I have already posted to only show up with the option Unwatch Thread, but they are not in the Watched Thread list, unless it only applies to new posts from today?
Max.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Right now I have 7, "alerts" that killivolt clicked one, "like" on one of my posts. I'm afraid this alert thing might get annoying if they stack up for weeks. Do I delete these alerts, or do they just disappear in a day or two?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Right now I have 7, "alerts" that killivolt clicked one, "like" on one of my posts. I'm afraid this alert thing might get annoying if they stack up for weeks. Do I delete these alerts, or do they just disappear in a day or two?
Hover over the alert box. In the lower right corner, you will find Alert Preferences. Adjust those to what you desire. BTW, if you uncheck the box for receiving an Alert from watched threads, that only stops the alert from being given. If you have also asked for e-mails, you will still receive those. In other words, alert preferences applies to the "Alerts" in the strict sense.

John

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Looks good guys.

For those of you who are on other forums, ETO for example, that updated to Xenforo, this won't be much of a change for you. Everyone else, I know it's quite a change but you'll get used to it eventually. It really is some great software!

Last edited: