Change satellite dish mount

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
Hello,

Looking at the size of the dish, it could well be an offset dish.
The mount of the LNA is likely not in the center of the dish.

Have a look at this wiki page about the different type of dishes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offset_dish_antenna

Bertus
Bertus it is a off set Dish use for Ku band ,as you see the pictures of the dish now the dish not on a pole the dish is place on flat surface , want put the dish on a pole.
One of the picture show a Dishnetwork back mount ,want to put that mount on back of dish in the picture,but i don't know what part of the dish on back i should mount the mount ,anyone did remodel of there dish did it work?
mrel

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Bertus it is a off set Dish use for Ku band ,as you see the pictures of the dish now the dish not on a pole the dish is place on flat surface , want put the dish on a pole.
One of the picture show a Dishnetwork back mount ,want to put that mount on back of dish in the picture,but i don't know what part of the dish on back i should mount the mount ,anyone did remodel of there dish did it work?
mrel
It's tricky to properly mount a big KU dish to a Dishnetwork mount. I did it with a old Primestar KU dish years ago but it required a custom bracket to match the holes in the dish to the mount.
P8100017.JPG P8110037.JPG
In my case with was necessary to have the pipe clamp upside down as to mate with a HH rotor.
P8100019.JPG
P8250058.JPG