Chances of US Govt shutdown April 28 2017?

Do you think the US Govt will shutdown later this week?

• Yes for less than one week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes for over two weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Promoting censorship? I doubt it. If the membership complains about a poster's opine, they have the option to not read the posters opine. If they can not do that, the IGNORE function can assist them. That is not censorship. One could advocate to ignore another. Personally, if I don't want to read a members opine because of, in my opinion they aren't worth my time, that is my choice. If I advocated to remove the comments or ban the member ... then I would be advocating censorship. This does not mean administrative actions by the moderators to enforce this site's EULA.

Non-agreement does not equal censorship.

Now, I could advocate removing members or their posts that attack others for any number of reasons. but I don't.

Both sides need thicker skin or learn to use the ignore function.

When the opposition or allied forces post links, I tend to read the article and google the author. Most links have videos to watch. even those silly FAKE news outlets, on the net and even Main Stream Media. The videos tell the story, the fake news outlets, including MSM, add commentary and opinions. Opinions in those stories aid in the self-confirmation bias.

Fake news can crop up anywhere. Dan Rather and Jayson Blair come to mind.

Free speech does not mean popular speech. Free speech means you have to endure speech you don't agree with. Endure is the operative word.

If you want the intercourse to continue ... and you wish to persuade the opfor to see your side, one must provide source material, not just opines. If you want to belittle and attempt to sensor by out-shouting, the discourse will enrage.
Largely why ronv and shortbus are on my ignore list and have been for months now. Too much of what they said showed too little value and too much outright ignorance for it to be worth wasting my time reading any more which means I have no clue what they say about anything other than by indirect implication or quotes that manage to make it though inside someone else's posts. Now as for them ignoring me I have suspicions they couldn't put that flaming bag of dog turds down to save their lives. :p

The problem I had was they openly and proudly played themselves to be big dummies and rarely backed up any claims they had with anything, credible or otherwise, so I just put them on my ignore list and continued to assume they're still play the big screaming dummy game given what I see of others quotes, comments and general rebuttals to them. That and the apparent big dummy attack on me with gophort on me where I live really in some sort to dim witted attempt to do whatever it was they thought it would do didn't help their cause in my more recent views other. :oops:

I respect their rights to have an opinion but that doesn't mean I have to agree with anything they say. Especially so if they have near zero credible support for it beyond supporting my belief they are once again likely wrong and happily playing petty and stupid so as to not have to own up to anything they say. :rolleyes:

The worked hard to buy the deed to the big dummy property and now it theirs to keep even if they don't want it in my views.

As I stated in both their cases when I put them on my ignore and a few time since list. No one just make it there for having a bad day or week or whatever. To get there a person has to prove they are truly worth treating as if they don't exist in anyway shape or form first and to tso that they have to unwaveringly convince me that they are so god awful ignorant (or legitimately dumb) or a outright troll and happy to be that way it's impossible to work with or respect. :(

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Honesty is the rarest and purest of all human interaction. And your buckshot response is why.

Completely different species.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
While I doubt it was her intent, I'm bound to say @Aleph(0) (Re: creation of this thread) has done splendidly by way of demonstration that there is no such phenomenon as enduringly civil political discussion;)
Sad part is I have not read or responded to a single thing he has posted in months now which I think rather says a lot about how each of us is handling things. I could care less what he says yet going by what all I see in other posts he is obsessed with who I am and what I have to say!

Dang near flattering if it was so 'internet stalker creepy' like as this thread rather indicates. :rolleyes::oops:

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...se-post-was-not-on-topic-in-off-topic.134741/

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Honesty is the rarest and purest of all human interaction. And your buckshot response is why.

Completely different species.
Br-549 you are so far out of touch with reality that you're just lost! Unlike HP I have no pity for you (my bad) cuz I'm just totally disgusted with your twisting Christianity into something ugly!

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Sad part is I have not read or responded to a single thing he has posted in months now which I think rather says a lot about how each of us is handling things. I could care less what he says yet going by what all I see in other posts he is obsessed with who I am and what I have to say!

Dang near flattering if it was so 'internet stalker creepy' like as this thread rather indicates. :rolleyes::oops:

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...se-post-was-not-on-topic-in-off-topic.134741/
@tcmtech @JoeJester @nsaspook @ronv @shortbus @GopherT and most other political thread participants

Just speaking for myself I say thanks for keeping it to politics and steering clear of religion:)!

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Just speaking for myself I say thanks for keeping it to politics and steering clear of religion:)!
Religion is open to interpretation and thusly has a very poor information trail to follow and back up in a debate regardelss of which way anyone wants to try and present it. Too ethereal in a way.

Politics at this point in history are now extremely well documented both in written and video form, and thusly fairly easy to work with when confirming whether or not someone actually understands and follows them as close as they claim, which makes for a legitimate debate over things far more balanced given each side can easily fact check/peer review the other if they have the proper and capable knowledge to do so.

Which of course if either side actually does follow politics as well as they claim makes it pretty easy to separate the fact bread from the flaming bags of opinion based dog poop. :p

Pretty hard to say someone did or didn't do something and disguise a weak unfounded opinion as a fact when there are numerous reference points everyone has access to that give the exact and often video record of what really went on and why. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.