Chances of US Govt shutdown April 28 2017?

Do you think the US Govt will shutdown later this week?

• Yes for less than one week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes for over two weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I for one don't judge a persons by gender, race, religion or any other arbitrary things unless they give me absolutely no other options.

I do my best take all people I meet to be of good intelligence and nature, until they prove other wise, regardelss of whether they prove me wrong in the first sentence or if it take them years to convince they are anything less.

Anyone who can give me pause to stop and question and if needed reassess my own life views is worthy of my respect. ;)

Now that said, If someone wishes to play themselves the fool or the victim or worse then by all means I will give them the exact courtesies they have asked for to no end.
Someone else wanting to be seen that way is in no way a poor reflection on my intelligence or strength of character no matter how bad they try to play it. :cool:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Were you, perchance, a modern language Prof in a past life???
I don't know, but I have always absorbed the way people around me use languages. A little German, Spanish, and Latin, a few medical terms, lots of Engineering terms, a lot of American, and a wee bit o' British...dialects like Hillbilly, Cajun, Texan, and Californian...still missing Canadian, Cockney, and Philadelphic.:D Soak me in any dialect for a couple of weeks and I can pass for a "local". This is probably most of the reason I feel frustrated in trying to get comfortable with the way you use English. It has always been so easy for me, but you aren't.:(:oops:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I do my best take all people I meet to be of good intelligence and nature,
One of the first and most pointed lessons I learned on a college campus is that, "Everybody I meet has infinite possibilities until they open their mouth and start limiting their self." You never know if you've just met a Freshman or a Grad Student, an Art Major or a Physics Major, until they speak. Male, female, black, white, in between, educated or not, fairly often I don't look at the person I'm talking to because their external appearance means little about who they are. This is a good strategy on the Internet where, nobody knows what you actually look like.:D

I don't get my poking stick out if a person begins to bray like a donkey. I generally decline to engage and just wander off thinking, "I can't make a fool of you, you have to do that for yourself." (Groucho Marx)

When I feel a rush of emotion, I usually need to challenge my beliefs, because somebody else just did that.:oops:
That process is called, "growth" and it's an opportunity.:)

Disclaimer: I'm not always alert and healthy enough to act so appropriately, but I can accomplish it most of the time.;)

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Modern science has done a fine job of concealing the fact that the human male and the human female are completely 2 different and un-related species.
My conclusion is ... Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. Damn, I must be paying attention to those Ancient Alien shows too much with the sailors of the sky behaving like sailors in a foreign port. Foreign in this context means not the home port.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I don't get my poking stick out if a person begins to bray like a donkey. I generally decline to engage and just wander off thinking, "I can't make a fool of you, you have to do that for yourself." (Groucho Marx)
I largely agree. It's when people like that start trying to spread nonsense and incorrect information or outright lies to try and sway others to side with them for less than honorable reasons or agendas that I take action to provide counter proof that shows they are not right in what they are pushing for whatever reason.

Downside is once that pile of poop of showing they are in fact wrong is kicked over too often those types will then to try and do their best to take down anyone who discredited them, even it it was largely their own actions that brought it about to begin with, at all costs to themselves as we see continually played out here on the forum.

So far I really don't think I have put much efforts into making anyone look like a idiot or fool. However I know a few here who happily did that to themselves in some very weak and all around lame attempts to just to get out of having to own up to their mistakes, false beliefs, and general ignorance of some subjects when there was no real call to go that route. Especially so over having learned more about some topic they apparently felt strongly about. :(

What baffled me was their choice to play themselves to be so god awful dumb they couldn't understand basic concepts then go so far as to even act like they have sub grade school reading abilities, even well past when people saw through that too, in order to cover it up then went so far beyond that as to start outright attacking people for who they are when playing too dumb to read failed them too.

I mean look just at the numbnuts who tried to attack and apparently attempt to discredit me over what state and town I live in over that other thread because I kept calling them out for not being a stupid and illiterate as they were trying to pass themselves off as.

What sort of simpleton couldn't fathom that wouldn't backfire only to make them look even dumber, shallower and pettier than they have already made themselves look in the last few months with their other failed attempts all while not doing a damn thing to my personal reputation? :confused:

As you said and I agree, I don't need to do anything to make anyone look like fools and idiots. Some are all too happy to do it for me and in ways I would never think of! :eek::oops::(

(Or maybe they really are that shallow, petty and dumb and all this time I was giving them credit for being decent intelligent people when I shouldn't have been.) :confused: :oops:

Last edited:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
HP............AH.............ok.............I guess.
I want too..... so bad......but I know better........no comment.
I daresay your 'syncopated' replies tend to absolve my demographic of the alleged 'communications barrier' -- such that it is:p

This is probably most of the reason I feel frustrated in trying to get comfortable with the way you use English. It has always been so easy for me, but you aren't.:(:oops:
And again, I assert that said 'dysphoria' owes, in large part, to conflation of spoken vs. written 'speech'...:)

My conclusion is ... Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus...
I respectfully suggest that, once having attained the epiphany attending the realization that people are people (distinguished solely by individual characteristics), -- you'll find life much less confusing!;)

@BR-549 and @JoeJester --- while the jocular intent of your remarks does not escape me, I'm bound to point up the ludicrous nature of 'identity politics' (perhaps intentionally?) illustrated thereby:cool:

Very best regards
HP:)

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
This is a good strategy on the Internet where, nobody knows what you actually look like.:D
---Emphasis added---

UNLESS
One is sufficiently foolhardy to either:

1) Chose an avatar bearing way too close a likeness to herself!:oops:

-OR-

2) Use an image of himself even if it is 40 years out of date!;):p

TTFN

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I mean look just at the numbnuts
No. There is no educational content (that I would want) in watching 2 or 3 people call each other stupid and/or illiterate.
And again, I assert that said 'dysphoria' owes, in large part, to conflation of spoken vs. written 'speech'...:)
I have no idea where that came from. I read your writing, I click on, "Dictionary". Am I supposedly imagining you speaking in a way similar to your writing? And then feeling frustrated about what I imagine instead of feeling frustrated about the number of minutes I spend consulting a dictionary? You've confused me again.:(
Use a image of himself even if it is 40 years out of date!;):p
I told you I look more like joeyd now.:rolleyes::D

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I'm bound to point up the ludicrous nature of 'identity politics' (perhaps intentionally?) illustrated thereby
No identity politics here. Just an observation of choices made when shooting billiards. It's a much better line that includes both identities than me wondering; what in the &%W^ were they thinking. I just go with the flow.

I hope your not suggesting that I stray from my "judging people by the content of their character" standard that I've employed for a very long time.

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
No. There is no educational content (that I would want) in watching 2 or 3 people call each other stupid and/or illiterate.
I'm simply referring to them by what their actions and character have made them out to be by their own and deliberate actions. No different than referring to you as a reasonable rational intelligent person even if you do question you own reading skills when very little of what you have ever shown of yourself justifies it as I see it.

Same as I see JoeJesters comment here.

I hope your not suggesting that I stray from my "judging people by the content of their character" standard that I've employed for a very long time.
I have made no racial, ethnical or cultural judgements beyond the general definitions of character that they have purposely and proudly portrayed themselves as to be and live up/down to.
Stupid is as stupid does is no different than intelligent is as intelligent does and what they have done themselves, repeatedly, very much implied they had every intention of playing to the first and not second nature.

They played the idiotic illiterate fools well past the point the joke wasn't funny then got upset for being called out on it. So who am I to deny them the the title the property they worked so hard to purchase? They bought the property and now they are stuck with the titles just the same ans HP ad Alph(0) are pretty much stuck with the titles of having bigger and more diverse vocabularies than the majority of us. ;)

Unlike anyone else here, they played dumb and illiterate on purpose and for some time so who am I to give them any less credit than to acknowledge it just as we all acknowledge people who play to being at the opposite end of the spectrum? o_O

I'm not part of that aspect of the liberal side of society so I don't hand out praise and awards to adults for failing to meet or live up to basic standards and exceptions that most school age children can meet let alone for deliberately failing to do so on purpose just to get out of having to accept or be held self accountable for not being as intelligent and knowledgeable as they thought they were.

I respect other peoples views even if I don't agree with them but I don't respect being stupid for stupids sake to get out of being held accountable for ones actions or mistakes.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I'm simply referring to them by what their actions and character have made them out to be by their own and deliberate actions. No different than referring to you as a reasonable rational intelligent person even if you do question you own reading skills when very little of what you have ever shown of yourself justifies it as I see it.
But you in effect are promoting censorship. We are only to believe what YOU post and link to. When in fact the same discussed"topic" has many different points of view. The links posted by me and others that don't see the world through your eyes are just as valid, just not yours. So that makes it OK for you to call us ,"stupid, ignorant, and me personally a dumb f88k with my head up my a$$". All things you have called me in previous posts. I happen to live in the real world, with people of all 'stripes', not a single world view, "desert".

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
But you in effect are promoting censorship.
Promoting censorship? I doubt it. If the membership complains about a poster's opine, they have the option to not read the posters opine. If they can not do that, the IGNORE function can assist them. That is not censorship. One could advocate to ignore another. Personally, if I don't want to read a members opine because of, in my opinion they aren't worth my time, that is my choice. If I advocated to remove the comments or ban the member ... then I would be advocating censorship. This does not mean administrative actions by the moderators to enforce this site's EULA.

Non-agreement does not equal censorship.

Now, I could advocate removing members or their posts that attack others for any number of reasons. but I don't.

Both sides need thicker skin or learn to use the ignore function.

When the opposition or allied forces post links, I tend to read the article and google the author. Most links have videos to watch. even those silly FAKE news outlets, on the net and even Main Stream Media. The videos tell the story, the fake news outlets, including MSM, add commentary and opinions. Opinions in those stories aid in the self-confirmation bias.

Fake-News-AE.png

Fake news can crop up anywhere. Dan Rather and Jayson Blair come to mind.

Free speech does not mean popular speech. Free speech means you have to endure speech you don't agree with. Endure is the operative word.

If you want the intercourse to continue ... and you wish to persuade the opfor to see your side, one must provide source material, not just opines. If you want to belittle and attempt to sensor by out-shouting, the discourse will enrage.

Last edited:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
But then @BR-549's post #52 and and your quasi-concurrence with same (at post #64) advocate arbitrary prejudgment based upon physical demographics alone - sans regard to character, etc... Granting the overtly facetious intent of said posts it is nonetheless a venerable observation --and an accurate one-- that 'one who plays in the mud may expect to emerge sullied' - IMNSHO prejudgment is sufficiently 'troublesome' as to make poor material for even the most benign jests...

Best regards and no offense taken

Last edited:

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
"judging people by the content of their character"

When I first heard those words......I thought self.......that has to be the most ignorant and mis-guided words I ever heard a preacher say.

It's a complete opposite of what the Old Testament and New Testament teaches us about character. I couldn't believe a Christian was saying it.

Our character is the worse part of us. It's the worse standard we have. Your character is invisible and hidden from yourself. Few are aware of the monsters inside them. If we hadn't been GIVEN the law....we would have ceased long ago. The LAW exposes our character. Mankind doesn't like LAW.

Its a death sentence. Our character is what kills all of us.

The character difference between male and female.........is very real and much greater than the physical. This a fact. It is. There is no opinion. There is no prejudgement. Only your denial of fact.

And no one can change that. I can't change a fact and you won't change your denial.

So we placate and force a smile.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
"judging people by the content of their character"

When I first heard those words......I thought self.......that has to be the most ignorant and mis-guided words I ever heard a preacher say.

It's a complete opposite of what the Old Testament and New Testament teaches us about character. I couldn't believe a Christian was saying it.

Our character is the worse part of us. It's the worse standard we have. Your character is invisible and hidden from yourself. Few are aware of the monsters inside them. If we hadn't been GIVEN the law....we would have ceased long ago. The LAW exposes our character. Mankind doesn't like LAW.

Its a death sentence. Our character is what kills all of us.

The character difference between male and female.........is very real and much greater than the physical. This a fact. It is. There is no opinion. There is no prejudgement. Only your denial of fact.

And no one can change that. I can't change a fact and you won't change your denial.

So we placate and force a smile.
Following your earlier post I thought maybe you entertained certain sexist notions -- Now I see that you are a confirmed and avowed misanthrope - I truly pity you! Ignorance is bad enough - Justification of same via contortion of one's faith is nothing short of tragic...:(

Most sincerely
HP

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Br-549 so when HP sent me email cuz I'm TS and thread is spiraling into religious bicker I thought you were prolly joking. But now reading it on here it doesn't look like joking? Br-549 when you back hate speech with Christianity you're dragging Christianity down to level of your toxic ignorance and I say that's just blasphemy! Now I'm saying you have major issues to work through but that's your bid! So anyhow I'm requesting that this thread is closed cuz hate rhetoric is way off its intended course!

@Hypatia's Protege Thanks for the heads up so now I'm back to life beyond AAC for like 3 more weeks:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.