Center Tapped Pots?

sausages

Joined Mar 8, 2007
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could find a center tapped pot? I need it to build a baxandall tone circuit. I've looked on mouser but didn't seem to find any. Would anyone know where I could find one or possibly a replacement ?

Thanks a lot,
Damien

sausages

Joined Mar 8, 2007
Sorry, I'm reading wireless world but if I read on I could of answered my own question. He goes on to show how it can be done using normal pots. Thanks very much for the site anyway, it'll help witht he diss :D

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could find a center tapped pot? I need it to build a baxandall tone circuit. I've looked on mouser but didn't seem to find any. Would anyone know where I could find one or possibly a replacement ?

Thanks a lot,
Damien
Those things are getting to be as rare as chicken lips. About 20 years ago, I had to change the loudness control on my Lafayette receiver, and it was hard to find even back then.

You can "fake" it by building a voltage divider between the two hot legs of the pot and tapping off there. It should be about the same resistance as the full scale pot resistance.

eric